Need some help in BobCad drawing in 3d

BobCAD related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
ggeh
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Need some help in BobCad drawing in 3d

Post by ggeh »

I have done only 2D drawings in BobCad for plasma projects. I would like to start doing some 3d drawings but not sure how to proceed. In the pictures I have a complex funnel design I would like to duplicate and make some changes in size. Any thoughts on how to start or do this in BobCad?
Thanks Gary
Attachments
20190330_120839.jpg
20190330_120823.jpg
Stargazer
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Need some help in BobCad drawing in 3d

Post by Stargazer »

You want to create a 2d drawing of half of the profile and then use the Revolve function which will revolve that profile 360 degrees around the center to create a 3d drawing. See this YouTube video for more info which should help you out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vemyvQn-Ms
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

Hey thanks alot for taking the time to help me out. Doesn't seem to be a lot of bobcad users on here. That video looks pretty strait forward and simple. I just notice your reply today so I haven't tried the Revolve function but I will. I have a 3d printer I haven't used yet and this will be my first project.
Thanks again, Gary
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

Stargazer wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:09 pm You want to create a 2d drawing of half of the profile and then use the Revolve function which will revolve that profile 360 degrees around the center to create a 3d drawing. See this YouTube video for more info which should help you out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vemyvQn-Ms
Thanks Stargazer, watched the video and took a few minutes to draw this up and it worked.
Attachments
20190416_183154 (2).jpg
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

I want to give a big thanks to Stargazer for your help. I would have not been able to figure this out with out your help. The one on the left is the original. On the right is the one I printed.
Attachments
20190513_160201.jpg

Return to “BobCAD”