Coon Dog

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
dsfisher
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Coon Dog

Post by dsfisher »

I am new to the drawing aspect of this. I have been using already made art but want to know how to go about learning to trace drawings of my own such as this one a guy wants me to cut for him. Thanks

Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Tracing help needed

Post by Larry83301 »

Great, someone that wants to learn how to make their own files. First thing you would need to let everybody know is what software are you using and what machine are you using to make pieces on. Instructions are kinda basic for the software and machines BUT to make instructions work for you correctly and not just vaguely, people need to know exactly what you are using. Many people on the board are using different CNC plasma machines, some with propriety software and others are using home built Plasma machines with free or almost free software. Also there are many that use Routers or Router attachments to a plasma machine. Others are using CNC Waterjets or laser cutting so all instructions need to be tailored to what you are using and also how much you already know about how to use what you have. Many on here will be glad to help in any way they can.

Larry
RobinHillMachine
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobinHillMachine »

Learning how to draw your own files unleashes the potential of your table! The best place to learn is YouTube. There are tutorials everywhere. Just search "Corel for plasma" for example. Use Inkscape? Then "Inkscape plasma tutorial". You can learn most things from YouTube.

If you want Coondog files I actually drew some up yesterday. Not a trace of your image but very similar. https://www.etsy.com/listing/781593147

Get a hot cup of coffee, load up your CAD, and go on YouTube though.
Julie's the name, DXF is the game. http://robinhillmachine.com
Email DXF@robinhillmachine.com
SlagBandit
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SlagBandit »

I did A simple line drawing of your dog. Hope it will at least get you started with your project!

Dog.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Torchmate 4x4 Growth Series
Hypertherm Powermax 45
Torchmate 1 5x10
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller 225 MIG
Miller 210 Syncrowave TIG
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by DieselFumes »

Nice trace, thank you! Great start for the OP and I can use this too. I'm not up on my breeds is the a hound dog?
dsfisher
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by dsfisher »

Thank you for the help I am using the design edge software with a 4ft plasma cam table.
knight7338
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by knight7338 »

while design edge is a simple and easy to use program its conversion to vector or auto trace is very limited. I usually convert in Inkscape (a freeware) then save as a dxf and clean the file up in design edge. there are many youtube tutorials that will show you how to trace a bitmap in inkscape and once saved as a dxf it works well in design edge. to me this was the fastest learning curve
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tinspark »

knight7338 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:00 pm while design edge is a simple and easy to use program its conversion to vector or auto trace is very limited. I usually convert in Inkscape (a freeware) then save as a dxf and clean the file up in design edge. there are many youtube tutorials that will show you how to trace a bitmap in inkscape and once saved as a dxf it works well in design edge. to me this was the fastest learning curve
I agree with knight7338. I do the same thing. I have Advanced DE and find Inkscape easier to convert to DXF and do all of my modifying in DE
Works for me too :), also if you are using a plasmacam. you have access to the Users Forum. Search up Robert Johnson. In his letterhead, he has links to Instagram and youtube. He has many tutorials there. He also offers classes, which would benefit anyone who attends.
Regards,
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”