Help creating this farm scene

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
07ketnec
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help creating this farm scene

Post by 07ketnec »

One of the local families grows popcorn and I want to make a special memorial piece for them. Would anyone have similar individual files that I could piece together? I'm not experienced with the Bezier tool and I'm worried there is a lot going on in the photo. Thoughts?

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help creating this farm scene

Post by adbuch »

Here is a quick trace of the tractor rig to get you started. You could add in some details, and the curved text to see what you can come up with. This would actually be a good project to brush up on using the Bezier tool for manual tracing, as this is a skill that will serve you well in the future if you intend to do more of this sort of thing. Feel free to ask questions.

David
farm tractor trace.svg image.jpg
farm tractor trace.svg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

07ketnec wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:23 am One of the local families grows popcorn and I want to make a special memorial piece for them. Would anyone have similar individual files that I could piece together? I'm not experienced with the Bezier tool and I'm worried there is a lot going on in the photo. Thoughts?
PM sent.

David
07ketnec
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by 07ketnec »

adbuch wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:28 pm Here is a quick trace of the tractor rig to get you started. You could add in some details, and the curved text to see what you can come up with. This would actually be a good project to brush up on using the Bezier tool for manual tracing, as this is a skill that will serve you well in the future if you intend to do more of this sort of thing. Feel free to ask questions.

David

farm tractor trace.svg image.jpg

farm tractor trace.svg
Thank you! What was your initial process? The Bezier tool?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

07ketnec wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:47 am
Thank you! What was your initial process? The Bezier tool?
Yes - I used the Bezier tool to manually trace around the outer perimeter of the tractor.

Step 1 - trace with straight lines.
Step 2 - use the Node Edit tool to drag some of the straight line segments out to match the curves in the image.

bezier tool.jpg
Here is a simple example showing how to use the Bezier tool to manually trace a circular image.
circle.jpg
circle 1.jpg
circle 2.jpg
circle 3.jpg
circle 4.jpg
circle 5.jpg
circle 6.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

07ketnec wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:23 am One of the local families grows popcorn and I want to make a special memorial piece for them. Would anyone have similar individual files that I could piece together? I'm not experienced with the Bezier tool and I'm worried there is a lot going on in the photo. Thoughts?
Are you wanting to do it as a single piece or a layered piece. The layered piece would have the tractor assembly cut from a single piece, and then attached to the backer piece. The backer piece would have the letters cut out in it. So the tractor would be what we call a "Positive".

If the tractor is cut into a single piece along with the letters, then this would be a "Negative" and would involve some creative editing to be able to cut out the tractor without having it fall out when cut. This is typically done with "Bridges".

David

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”