help converting into dxf

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
shanemiller
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

help converting into dxf

Post by shanemiller »

I have a drawing that i can't seem to get fully into a dxf file to cut.
cherokeefirewwessels.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: help converting into dxf

Post by beefy »

Shane,

see the forum rules regarding this sort of post:
https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=27175

If you are simply looking for someone to do the work for you then there's paid help listed in these forum rules.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Beefy is correct but if there is a small detail that you need to learn how to do. Give that info in your post, what software you are using, or procedure you are have a problem with.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
shanemiller
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by shanemiller »

I'm running a home built 5x10 table with torchmate software and motors with a powermax 65 plasma machine also have cutmaster 102 plasma. I recently had medical problems and just getting back into cutting and having problems wioth short term memory. I've running table for 6 years. I can't seem to find my problem. I put it in dxf file to cut and have pieces falling out i don't want to, or my programs quit responding. Have a new computer coming. I thought i gave all equipment listing when i joined.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Sorry to hear of your issues, I know how it can be to a certain extent. I thought I recognized that palette and blue numbers in your pic and now that I know you're using TM cad I may possibly be able to offer some advice and or assistance. First would be that if you're having issues with drawing to post it in the TM CAD section of the board where someone like I (or preferably one properly trained :HaHa) can check out what you have and see where the issue(s) lie and possibly determine why you're having them. However since we're here if you feel like posting the .dxf I for one have no objections.
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

I usually fill my drawing with color before it ever goes out to the machine. I start with the sections that are to fall away and make them black, next I use brown or green for the body and pay close attention to any of the black parts that make the the other color go away. If either fill color makes things go away I must have a problem somewhere. I like doing this in Paint as that does not change my original file at all. To get a picture to paint I use Snipping tool with my CAD part on the screen and save a picture to bring into Paint, this works for me. Be sure to save your picture as a PNG file so that you can "fill" it correctly.

Larry
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

How do you fill your pieces with color?I have a plasmcam set up and I have never figured that out.Can it be done with the plasmacam program?That would be a big help when formatting pieces.
Thanks
Jim
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

I don't have PlasaCam, sorry, but I use Paint when I just want to see how it will look. Just get your piece on your screen and hit the "Prt Scr" key on your keyboard, then open Paint and click on the "clip board" and it will put your screen picture right there. You can move the picture around to eliminate stuff around the edges and then move off of your picture and click the mouse, after that nothing will move. You can then use the fill icon and fill the picture. You may need to use the undo to backup and make sure all your lines are connected and then fill again but after awhile of using "Paint this way you get the hang of it and it becomes faster. Sometimes you need to check your outline to see if a pile or two si missing and add them with the pencil and then fill again. I included a couple of examples for you to look at. As a "Prt Scr" when I paste it into Paint it is a PNG file and will fill great, if you bring a JPG into Paint it doesn't fill as well, just an FYI.
elk.jpg
elk -2.jpg
Hope this helps.

Larry

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”