Would someone do a tutorial

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
roberob2025
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Would someone do a tutorial

Post by roberob2025 »

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a tutorial to show me how to take this image I am uploading from a jpeg to a vector file to a cut file from inkscape to fusion 360? I will pay you for your time. I just learn better by being showed and if I have questions to be able to ask as it is happening. I have been watching videos on how to use inkscape to trace bitmap but there always seems to be a step that is either not explained or I am just missing something because I cannot seem to get the end result I am looking for. If we could do like a screen sharing session for it. You can pm me and we can work out a time and price I would be greatly appreciate it. thank you. I will probably not be able to get back online until later tonight California time about 10 or 11pm. I will respond as soon as I get back online. Thank you again.
goldencocks.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Would someone do a tutorial

Post by adbuch »

This appears to be a photograph of an embroidered patch. One thing to keep in mind here is that your auto trace will only be as good as your image fidelity. In this case, the outline appears wavy, some of the letters are slightly deformed, and the stars are not symmetric. So while an auto trace using Inkscape may be the first step, there is much more editing to be done to produce something usable for a quality plasma cut (or engraved, printed, etc.) part. I will send you a PM. I can't do it "real-time", but I am willing to spend some time showing you how to do this using a combination of Paint.net, Inkscape, and Fusion 360. I understand that some here could use Design Edge to accomplish this more quickly, but most folks don't have that luxury and you are wanting to learn how to fish, not simply asking someone to hand you a fish ready to cook.
David
goldencocks image.jpg

roberob2025
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by roberob2025 »

yes all you said is correct. I very much do not want someone just to do it for me I want to learn the process from tying the knot for the hook adding bobbers, casting, reeling in, cooking, cleaning and everything else that goes into getting the fish to the diner plate! Thank you very much I appreciate it sincerely.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

roberob2025 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:34 pm yes all you said is correct. I very much do not want someone just to do it for me I want to learn the process from tying the knot for the hook adding bobbers, casting, reeling in, cooking, cleaning and everything else that goes into getting the fish to the diner plate! Thank you very much I appreciate it sincerely.
:Like :Like :Like
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Rober I agree with David and would recommend limiting to Inkscape and paint until you get a little more under you belt. Trying to introduce more may end up confusing in the learning process. Many of the programs do similar things but using different names or processes to do the same thing which I think may hinder quicker learning. Another thing that may help is the search function here (upper right corner) to go back to earlier posts about Inkscape, There are many post where member help others with many screenshots showing processes for that members question. Sometimes having different sources helps to clear things quicker. When things start to make sense you will get a smile of your face, personal projects adds to the fun.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

The very first thing you should do, is to sandwich that patch between two pieces of glass to flatten it out, and then take a photo of it.

Yes, this is an easy task in DesignEdge, but David is correct. It is pointless to show you how to do that using DesignEdge software if you do not have a PlasmaCam table. This photo has a lot wrong with it, and it is easily corrected in DesignEdge, but I am not the one to instruct people on Inkscape and other such programs, as I am admittedly probably MORE of an amateur on them than most people.

Another alternative is to find out WHO is making these patches, and get permission to acquire the file used to stitch the patch. I am fairly certain that could be used to create the file you want, without the wrinkles and distortions.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:26 pm Rober I agree with David and would recommend limiting to Inkscape and paint until you get a little more under you belt. Trying to introduce more may end up confusing in the learning process. Many of the programs do similar things but using different names or processes to do the same thing which I think may hinder quicker learning. Another thing that may help is the search function here (upper right corner) to go back to earlier posts about Inkscape, There are many post where member help others with many screenshots showing processes for that members question. Sometimes having different sources helps to clear things quicker. When things start to make sense you will get a smile of your face, personal projects adds to the fun.
Tom - I talked to Rob last night and he does have a pretty good handle on Fusion 360, and showed me a few things about tracing with Fusion 360 that I had never seen before. His main problem was a few details about doing the auto trace with Inkscape. I think that now he's got it, and we did a sample part that worked out very well with the combination of Inkscape/Fusion 360. I will show the details here later when I get some time.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Good show :Like :Like :Like sounds like he will add to the collective knowledge of the site with a little time. :Yay
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

This game is such a kick in the nuts... It takes quite a bit of struggle and it's so rewarding when you get through the struggle..
Be patient and keep in mind every time you get frustrated you are learning something...
Good luck and stay with it..
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Here is the process we used to go from jpeg image to cut ready file using a combination of Inkscape and Fusion 360
David
shark 1.jpg
shark 2.jpg
shark 3.jpg
shark 4.jpg
shark 5.jpg
shark 6.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

shark 7.jpg
shark 8.jpg
shark 9.jpg
shark 10.jpg
shark 11.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Here it the jpeg image we started with.
David
sharkopenmouth2.JPG

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I have created a "follow-on" thread showing how to do the "node editing" from within Fusion 360 as opposed to using Inkscape. I find this method quicker and easier to do.
David

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=34070&p=211478#p211478
Importing SVG or DXF to Fusion 360 Design space.jpg

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Here is a tutorial I made sometime back showing tracing a drawing and making changes to the paths. near the end I show how to brake apart and join lines by using the node tools at the top of the page in Inkscape. Different from using the bezier tool to draw a new line to connect.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KBY2ts ... sp=sharing
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:28 am Here is a tutorial I made sometime back showing tracing a drawing and making changes to the paths. near the end I show how to brake apart and join lines by using the node tools at the top of the page in Inkscape. Different from using the bezier tool to draw a new line to connect.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KBY2ts ... sp=sharing
:Like :Like :Like

There are many ways to do these things, and it never hurts to know some of the different approaches. Thanks for sharing your method Tom.
David
roberob2025
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by roberob2025 »

Sorry I have been busy the past few days. A very big thank you to David for talking to me on the phone the other day and helping get what I needed. And I have finally cut out the shark that we did together from Inkscape and fusion 360. I cut it with the primeweld cut60 ptm60 machine torch with 40 amp consumables at 33amps 60 psi 110 ipm pierce delay .75 pierce height .125 cut height .045. I think it turned out very good there was barely any dross and the lines are nice straight and very slight bevel. So thank you David I greatly appreciate you taking the time with me and enjoyed our phone conversation.

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Rob - I think the shark turned out great! Nice clean looking cuts. Always happy to help when I can. I wonder if that front side dross is due to the part having water on it while cutting. Anyway, you are quite welcome.
David
big496
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by big496 »

Thats what I call teamwork. Awesome! How do I acquire the help desk phone number :HaHa
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

big496 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:46 pm Thats what I call teamwork. Awesome! How do I acquire the help desk phone number :HaHa
PM sent.
Thanks,
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Plasma Spider collaboration strikes again, nice work guys :Like :Like
Drag Knife and Scribe