Will Pay for Conversion Help: IMG to DXF or SVG

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
speediburns
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Will Pay for Conversion Help: IMG to DXF or SVG

Post by speediburns »

So I know I dont have many posts here, I typically struggle through stuff on my own and I am a beginner so I cant offer much help. Though I do giveaway a fair number of CAD designs on other forums so I am the type of person to help when I can. I read the rules and I am pretty sure I am not breaking anything by offering to pay. So, I will pay someone for their time. These are not simple 2 color conversions so I figure paying someone with experience to fight through this will repay itself in not wasting material with my mistakes. Lastly, this is not my typical use of my plasma cutter, I almost exclusively make car parts designed in CAD so learning this skill is not high on my list though I did spend several hours over 2 days watching youtube and playing around with options in inkscape.

The deal is that I am making a large sign as a gift for my parents 50 year anniversary to hang in their new garage. The plasma cut portion will be vintage corrugated mounted on top of rough cut lumber from their property with an LED backlight. The two images I need converted are pictures of their actual cars. The car images will be around 12-18" wide to give a perspective of the detail needed (or not needed). This is not an overnight need, but around a week would be great if possible.

Oh, and there is a slight mod needed on the pickup picture. I have a second pic showing what needs to be added (3 wood slats over the bed).

I dont know what a fair price would be, but happy to hear all offers.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Will Pay for Conversion Help: IMG to DXF or SVG

Post by Joe Jones »

Unless you need those EXACT photos, the files for both of those vehicles have probably already been drawn from several other angles. Did you check eBay? Etsy? Pinterest.com? 123RF? FREEDXF.com, and others?

I can draw them, but I am sort of burned out on tracing car profiles. :-?

You can contact Julie at Crafts and Kustoms on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/craftsandkustoms/ or by calling them in Franklin, KY. She is very talented at drawing cars for CNC plasma art. She should be. I trainer her! She uses DesignEdge and other programs. She can produce a great file for you, and she LOVES cars!

The most critical detail is ... How LARGE will the finished piece be? If you want something for your desktop, it cannot contain the DETAIL that a 36" wall plaque would offer.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
speediburns
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by speediburns »

Thanks for the lead Joe. I will reach out to Julie in a day or two if no members step up.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

speediburns wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:23 pm Thanks for the lead Joe. I will reach out to Julie in a day or two if no members step up.
PM sent.
speediburns
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by speediburns »

I think this project is underway. Appreciate the feedback and will post pics when it is done.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

speediburns wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:17 pm I think this project is underway. Appreciate the feedback and will post pics when it is done.
:Like :Like :Like
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

The images have been traced and files supplied to Chris, the OP. It turns out that he will be cutting them not as stand-alone pieces, but as part of a larger piece of corrugated metal. So tabs would be needed to keep the car and truck from falling out when cut. Chris will edit to create these tabs, as well as some possible deletion of details depending on his results cutting these at about 18" wide.

Here is a short description of my method for adding these "tabs" using Inkscape.
David

viewtopic.php?f=77&p=212497#p212497
adding tabs with Inkscape.jpg

speediburns
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by speediburns »

After some test parts, lots, and LOTS of tuning on the blue screen AVHC to cut corrugated, and LOTS of file tweaks to make everything look good and stick together, here are a few pics of the final sign. This was made from brand new galvanized corrugated so all of the aging was done to make the sign look ~50 years old. The frame was made by taking a recently downed tree and running it through a portable sawmill to make the 1" rough cut planks. They are untreated so they will age fairly quickly. It is backlit with strip LED's on a dimmer and activated by a motion control sensor. These parts were all Amazon and cost under $50 for everything. The light is diffused through white polycarb.

20220726_145510.jpg
20220805_184313.jpg
20220813_202140_resized.jpg
20220813_202130_resized.jpg
20220813_202100_resized.jpg

ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

That turned out slick!
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
sonbakler
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by sonbakler »

Very nice! That turned out awesome and the simulated aging of the steel looks amazing! Well done :Like
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Chris - that turned out great! I'm sure your parents are just ecstatic with the final sign. And I really like that background lighting.
David

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”