Need Help with Hut Pic

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
TXBluegrass
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Need Help with Hut Pic

Post by TXBluegrass »

I have been trying to convert the hut with the large stone coins included with Design Edge but there is just too much clutter in the picture to convert anything decent. Tried tracing but it just does not look the same. Could someone convert the hut with stone coins to a DXF? I know you all have your various methods to convert a photo to a DXF after clean-up. Is there a good, simple program out there that you guys can recommend to a 67yr old fart?
hut.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need Help with Hut Pic

Post by adbuch »

It would help if you would post the pcm file (or Design Edge supplied jpeg or bitmap) so I can open it and take a look. Design Edge, Inkscape, CorelDraw, LightBurn, etc. will all work for either auto trace or manual trace. For auto trace, I prefer Inkscape as I seem to get the best results. The photo you have shown would most likely not be a good candidate for auto trace, as too much clutter. Also, the image you supply for tracing needs to be much higher resolution than the one you have posted above.

Exactly how much detail do you need (or want) for your trace? What is your end goal as far as your cut piece?

Thanks,
David
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Picture is too small to do an autotrace with. May be able to do something manually but even that would be difficult. If you can post your trace result I am curious to see what you came up with and may be easier to add onto it.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Y'all know me, strictly manual trace and while possible the amount of time that would go into making it something I'd put my name on would be quite considerable.

TXBluegrass as you can see in this screenshot when I zoom in to draw there are no crisp lines to follow, only blurry pixels. The same problem any auto trace program will have.
Screenshot (175).png

TXBluegrass

Post by TXBluegrass »

Yes, I see what your talking about. I'll see if I can find a higher resolution pic. The purpose of the image is to make a 14" or so wide key chain holder for a family that will show the outline and maybe the structure lines inside. I will insert some new palms and airbrush in the details. Not many pictures of these type huts on Yap Islands, will look though. Thanks guys
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

A quick search on Google Images of "Yap Island Hut High Res png" yielded this much higher resolution image.
Hut_Hi Res.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

ben de lappe wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:03 pm A quick search on Google Images of "Yap Island Hut High Res png" yielded this much higher resolution image.
Thanks Ben! This one will be much better to hopefully create the end result that TXbluegrass is after.
David
trace.jpg

ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

adbuch wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:58 pm
Thanks Ben! This one will be much better to hopefully create the end result that TXbluegrass is after.
David
:Like :Like Most welcome.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

This is a very busy photograph. The detail that one is able to include in a manual trace is entirely dependent on the final size of the piece to be cut. With a LOT of time and effort, this could be traced nicely, but I would not even attempt it if the final piece is less than 60 inches wide. There is just too much that must be excluded from a smaller DXF 2D file to make it worth the effort.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

TXBluegrass wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:39 pm The purpose of the image is to make a 14" or so wide key chain holder for a family that will show the outline and maybe the structure lines inside.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

adbuch wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:04 pm
TXBluegrass wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:39 pm The purpose of the image is to make a 14" or so wide key chain holder for a family that will show the outline and maybe the structure lines inside.
Thanks David. I can read. If that is all he needs, then my assistance is not required.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”