Dynatorch movement pauses during cutting

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
mdoweld
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Dynatorch movement pauses during cutting

Post by mdoweld »

So i have a 6x12 XLY table from i think 2015. With a hypertherm 105. All the sudden recently im running into this problem where after the torch pierces the material and starts moving the moment will pause shortly after it starts moving. And sometimes as its cutting it will pause for a second then continue sometimes if i make a change while its cutting to the speed or arc voltage it will do the same.

Problem with this with the THC on when the motion pauses, the torch blows away material and then since there is no more metal underneath it as it stopped moving, the torch will dive down toward the plate and crash. Lately it hasn't been signalling the crash detection so then it will just keep on cutting after the pause but is dragging the torch across the plate, or the torch is held all crocked and ruins parts.

i have changed nothing about my setup. the table has been cutting totally fine for about two years then it all the sudden does this. Could I be getting EMI all of the sudden? since its kind of random im leaning towards that may be the problem. then some days it will cut completely fine and everything works. then it will sit for a period of time while were doing other work, then will hop back on the table to cut something else and all the sudden the pauses happen again.

To clarify, the torch never shuts off. its motion of the table that pauses. and happens in both x and y directions. Anyone got any ideas?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Dynatorch movement pauses during cutting

Post by weldguy »

Were you cutting a file that contained an immense number of lines of code?

Is your control software stand alone or does it run within Microsoft Windows?
mdoweld
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Dynatorch movement pauses during cutting

Post by mdoweld »

It does it in any cutting file. If I cut at over 45 amps it will pause after piercing

Runs within windows. I erased any current updates that I could. And disconnected the WiFi from it also so it can’t do any auto updates.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”