Shop pics

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Shop pics

Post by parrotlady »

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would post a few pics of my shop so far.. It has been a long swim upstream to get it to this point. I decided to go with the "fishbowl" design, and keep the table in a seperate room.

Thanks for looking :)

April
Attachments
2010_1025Christmas0051.JPG
2010_1025Christmas0060.JPG
2010_1025Christmas0048.JPG
2010_1025Christmas0047.JPG
elkriverfab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Shop pics

Post by elkriverfab »

Parrotlady............

Very nice shop, you should be very proud of all your hard work!

Looks like you will be very comfortable working in your new shop.

Before I moved a few years ago, I did the same thing and had my table in a different room.

I had a office with a large window looking out into a different room where the table was located.

It was great, kept all my office and computer equipment clean.

I also had my plasma cutter in the office as well to keep it out of the dusty area, routed all wiring through the wall to the table.

I know how much work goes into what you are doing, a lot of long nights building rooms............Looks great :D
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmajoe »

Morning April,

Your shop is amazing. All the time spent working on it sure paid off. You will enjoy creating wonderful works of art and manufacturing commercial parts in that environment. Very smart to keep equipment and computer components seperate, cuts down on the dust getting into them. Shawn has a great point keeping the plasma pak in the office also. Got a question for you, my uncle lives in Campbell River on the island, and owns a small furniture fabrication shop, he needs on occasion some metal brackets and strapping made, I make the DXF for him and he gets them cut from a fabrication shop in Vancouver, now they charge him an arm and a leg for this, because he only needs two or four of them at a time, and they run mass production parts, so when it comes to his stuff they really ding him. Now this is great for you and him, I hope, are you willing to cut some of his parts for him? If so PM me I will give you the information needed to get the ball rolling. As mentioned I will supply the DXF for the parts needed. The material is always 1/8" mild, 1/8" 316L Stainless Steel and 16 Ga. Brass. Let me know if you are interested.

Again you are making me jelous with that new shop of yours, :D , maybe now I will look into building a new one. And you are correct, I truly believe your neck of the woods is beautiful country, spent many years over there. Hope you find someone to help you out on training for your table. Pm me I do know a great person who knows these tables like the back of his hand, he is a sales representative for another company but maybe he will be willing to go give you training at a resonable price. If I knew these tables I would come over to help you out, I will be in Campbell River next week for a few days, going for some fresh Salmon, oh yah! :D . From my experience with a multitude of tables follow the tutorials and read up on the manuals it will help you along alot. One thing don't be scared, jump in like a fat kid on a smartie, you would be amazed on what you will accomplish.

Congrats on your shop.

Plasma Joe

Plasma Joe
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Nice shop April. I too am a fan of the "fishbowl" design in my shop. Although all the fish in my bowl have died because of the plasma dust everywhere. It's nice to see pics of other peoples shops so I can get all jealous and stuff.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by parrotlady »

Thanks for the kind words elkriver fab! Plasma joe, I am just about to PM you again, and Scratch..
AIRFLOWKID
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by AIRFLOWKID »

april, love your shop! you did good. tim :ugeek:

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”