Load extender

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
elkriverfab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Load extender

Post by elkriverfab »

Not really plasma related but my trailer is down for a repairs.
I needed to carry some long materials and some long gates.

So....I built this receiver extender so I could fit them in.

Added tail lights so the ones who don't pay attention in traffic would have a better chance of seeing the long materials bearing down on them at stop lights and in stop and go traffic :o
Attachments
DSCF0608.JPG
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Load extender

Post by plasmajoe »

Good idea, like the logic about the lights :D

Plasma Joe
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Hey Shawn that is kinda like the one I did for a truck bed hoist. I will post the pictures if I can ever figure out how to get them not to fail every time I try. I have tryed to upload them several times and they always fail every time. I have some new stuff that I cut and cant get them to upload. Ha. If you could, give me some pointers I could share them, not near as good as yours or Joes :lol: but I am still a newbe at this :D but lurning fast. I have serval files to cut of drawing that I drew but I want to make sure that they will cut out before I post them. Some of the detail is to fine and need to be bigger in the ones that I have already cut.

Hey Joe I think that the tank will need to be about 38 xabout 40 or so not to luse all the detail in it It looks good but I think we will luse to much detail if its to small Thanks
Rod S in AZ
elkriverfab

Post by elkriverfab »

Eagle mtn D&D.......

I would love to see the photos.

Mine fail sometimes too.

Do you think it is the picture size?

Go to http://www.easythumbs.com

They have a free download that allows you to adjust the pixel size of you photos.

Sometimes I use it to downsize the pixels on the photos, it can help with uploading them.
It is pretty easy to use too.

As far as my designs, I am just a guy with a welder and a few tools.
I have learned a lot from this site and firing up the welder and burning metal, reading books and looking at other peoples work.
A little practice and a good imagination can go a long way.

I have been welding and plasma cutting for about 10 years now and I still think I am a newbe (seriously).

You can never learn enough and there will always be someone better (just look at some of the talented people here).
That's the fun about doing stuff like this.

To this day I still can't do what my grandfather did with only a cutting torch and a stick welder.
He would build stuff that looked like it came from a factory. No training he just practiced.

I just love building stuff and I try to to the best I can at what I am try to do.
I am my worst critic.

As far as detail size, I too burn through detail sometimes trying to push the limits of the plasma cutter.
I have to tell myself "it's not a laser"
Did it yesterday :roll:

Try the easythumb site and see if it helps.

Maybe some other members have some tips too.

Will keep an eye out for your pictures. :D
elkriverfab

Post by elkriverfab »

plasmajoe wrote:Good idea, like the logic about the lights :D

Plasma Joe
plasmajoe,

Yea.........I tend to overkill on safety a lot.
I had one guy say it was a waist of time putting the lights on but I don't think so.

When I tap the brakes they see how close they are to whats in the bed and they really back off.
So.... it works.

I once was pulling a 35 foot enclosed trailer cross country.
From the back it looked as if I had a small trailer.

I had a lot of people get mad on big hills when I slowed down.
They would jump out into on coming traffic to pass me and realize it was 35 feet long (no room to pass).

After I saw how people think, it is worth the extra work when it comes to helping people with common sense issues :roll:

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”