Converting PDF to DXF.

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
montanarose
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Converting PDF to DXF.

Post by montanarose »

Hello,, I've received a PDF file & I have Design Edge Software.. Ive read a bit about Inkscape.. I need to convert this to a DXF file so I can cut designs for a customer.. Is Inkscape the way to go ,, or is there another type of software that would work better for converting over to DXF ??

I'm not a Computer Techie,, so any help would be greatly appreciated !! Thank You ;)
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Converting PDF to DXF.

Post by rdj357 »

Some PDF files contain vector information and some do not. I use a PDF program to extract the info but it's a one trick pony (only for working with PDF). You can open the PDF and either use a a program to export it as an image or screen shot it, save it as a jpg, and then import to DE.

I don't think (unless there's some plugin or mod that I'm don't use) that Inkscape will handle PDF. It's good for Corel, EPS, SVG, AI, etc files to get to a dxf for Design Edge.

Email me the file if you like and I'd be happy to see if it is a raster or vector file and send you something back.
Robert@490creations.com
Robert Johnson
PlasmaCAM GURU & Instructor
FourNinety Creations & Learn PC, LLC
(918) 457-0289 * Robert@490Creations.com
Did I help and you want to help me out? Buy me a coffee! - Thanks!
I am not affiliated with PlasmaCAM, Inc. in any way. I offer training on their equipment and software. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them are for nominative purposes only and does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
montanarose
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Converting PDF to DXF.

Post by montanarose »

Thank You so much for your time,, I sent it out :)

Return to “Inkscape”