help with font on sign?

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

help with font on sign?

Post by Dustan »

I am stumped I drew up a 4x4 sign with garys cattle 17 from the signtorch superbundle and wanted to use the font CHANCELLOR but my pc in the shop doesnt have it I guess so i had to use a different one. anyway I wrote WELCOME TO THE GAZDEWICH FARM and all looked good. I did the necesary adjustment's to the fonts(A,O,D,R) and saved as dxf. When in sheet cam I get a cut path and outside offset like I want except with a couple of the letters,ones that I never even modified like the E In welcome and a few others.I tried everything to get these couple letters to have a offset cutpath like the rest of them but no luck !!! any ideas :?: :cry:oh ya I use corelx4 and sheetcam,mach3 on my table and the font is from the 10.000 fonts collection.If my ? is confusing just say please I will try a different way of explaining it I really need to get this cut out buy monday Thanks.
Krazy Kutz metal designs
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: help with font on sign?

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

To get the font on another computer, just copy the .ttf file (chancellor.ttf) to the windows/fonts folder, that will install it.

Adjusting AODR infers you are cutting the letters as holes, so wouldn't you need an inside offset, rather than outside?

I didn't see anything wrong with the E, but there was a lot of double and triple overlapping nodes in other letters.

Here's 2 versions (in one file) one is a little fatter than normal, I eliminated the redundant nodes, and rounded all the corners. You might want to check the spacing between letters, some seem awful close together. Good luck...
Attachments
chancellor text
chancellor text
wtgf.gif (28.6 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Last edited by SignTorch Vector Art on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: help with font on sign?

Post by Dustan »

awesome Gary thanks alot can I post the sign I am working on so you can see what I am dealing with maybe I never explained it correctly or email it to you it has your cattle 17 in it so I figure I would ask ya.
Krazy Kutz metal designs

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”