PLASMACAM cable PINOUT on POWERMAX 45XP

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
corgster
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

PLASMACAM cable PINOUT on POWERMAX 45XP

Post by corgster »

needing help with wiring a powermax 45 xp to plasma cam interface cable..

PLASMACAM Interface cable PINOUT on a POWERMAX 45 XP

:D
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: PLASMACAM Interface cable PINOUT on a POWERMAX 45 XP

Post by jimcolt »

Hand torch or machine torch? (completely different wiring based on safety interlock).

If hand torch....then you must follow the directions supplied by Plasmacam that are in their video manual. There are two wires (red black pair) that connect to screw terminals on the main power board inside the Powermax45 XP, these are for reading the cutting voltage which is used to start and stop motion as well as for height control feedback. The other two wires (black white pair) are the torch trigger connections....when using a hand torch these are spliced into the torch safety trigger wiring inside the Powermax45 XP.....you must cut a wire and splice the white and black wires to the ends. (this modifies the trigger wiring....so Hypertherm cannot help with these connections.

If a machine torch.....you need to be sure your Powermax45XP is equipped with the CPC interface connector (round 14 pin Amp connector on rear panel). If not, this connector and its related wiring and voltage divider board can be purchased from any Hypertherm dealer , part number 428653, and installed in the field. Then, you should order a plug and play cable from www.pjmetalfab.com which plugs into the CPC connector, the other end plugs into the connector on the Plasmacam control box. If you have the ability to make this cable yourself, then contact me and I can provide details for connections as well as manufacturer numbers for the connectors for each end of the cable. Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm
corgster
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by corgster »

ITS THE MANUAL HAND TORCH AND IT DID NOT HAVE THE AMP PLUG ATTACHMENT ON CABLE TO MACHINE THE LINK YOU HAD WAS A NICE UNIT Plasmacam expects you to use this cable direct wiring inside of machine. sry for caps.
InsaneCreations
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by InsaneCreations »

Hey Jim, what type of plug do you use when you already have the interface cable with the terminal ends on it.
I can solder the new pins in. I just don’t know what type of plug that is or where to get one.
Rustynuts
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rustynuts »

Misskriss
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Misskriss »

Rusty, I’m running the same thing and keep getting an error code when homemade cable is plugged in. Did you find instructions somewhere on how to build your interface cable?
duggined
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by duggined »

I know this is way out of date, but I just got a Hypertherm 1000 g3 plasma and trying to connect to my homemade cnc table, I have a C25XP breakout board trying to find the right way to connect to plasma, I have a hand torch and looking for the cable shown on the video from plasma Cam. Is it still avaiable? I see Jim Colt is the one who should know. Thank you.
Ed
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

For hand torch with non-CPC connection, the torch control cable from Plasmacam will work for most applications. For machine torch with CPC port, then Robert Johnson sells them at his store.

David

https://www.490creations.com/products/c ... face-cable
490 creations.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

My cable works with Plasmacam - if you're going to just wire it up to a homemade table (for a machine torch) from the CPC you can get a bare end cable from Hypertherm.

If you're going to do the hand torch thing then their cord is nothing special. They just have a switch that is wired in series with the trigger wire (purple going to torch socket) and you zip tie the trigger and then for arc voltage, they divide it 21.1:1 with resistors. You may need a different voltage division so you'd need to make a voltage divider circuit or just use raw arc voltage if that's what your height control needs.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”