Torchmate table identification? ???

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Torchmate table identification? ???

Post by Fabkid33 »

Hello I'm new to the forum and new to plasma table I bought a torchmate classic table and wondering what parts I have and what torchmate model and controllers I have I have enclosed some pics and info would be great thanks. Also I have a metal fabrication and welding shop in Phoenix that I'm using it in
Attachments
20190125_155759.jpg
20190125_155707.jpg
20190129_191423.jpg
20190125_155715.jpg
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate table identification? ???

Post by ben de lappe »

Welcome!
By all appearances you have what I once owned. Torchmate 3 Finished Machine 5'x10'. Same motor controller model 401A signal generator. (IIRC). I don't see AVHC, if it came with that table it would most likely be "blue screen". Purchased mine about '08. If not for the torch, plate marker and the different motors it would be exact.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Ditto what Ben said. It appears to have been upgraded with the transmission drives which is a huge plus over the belt drives.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

Ah, thanks Gamelord. I couldn't place the motors. Regardless, as stated, they will be much better than belt drive I assure you. :lol:
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

Thanks for the info guys that's helps alot I turned on the computer and got the torchmate 3 program on it it does have AVHC controller from torchmate didn't enclose a pic
Also I could open the torchmate 3 software and I could open the torchmate cad which is version six it's runNing on a windows 10 machine and now after updates and changing the password and i could not change the admin info from the previous owner for some reason and now I can't open the torchmate 3 program and I can't upgrade to torchmate cad version 9 it does have the orange dongle and it's unlocked also when I login to windows 10 under the previous owner it says it can be opened and kicks me to a temporary profile the created a new profile on windows 10 and I still cant open torchmate 3 or torchmate cad it says I'm missing a setup file . ?
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

I think I figured out the windows problem going to try it tommorrow when I get to shop .... Ben did I buy a good table to start on for a novice like myself I didn't know alot when I bought it , it was such a good deal I couldnt pass it up
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

In my opinion you did well even if you're not a novice. I loved mine. Easy to use and not overly complicated. Most of my problems centered around being a total noob and were therefore self inflicted. :D I had the belt drives which did give me some issues so I'm glad to see Gamelords reply that you have transmission drives. The TM 3 finished machine is a bolt together setup so be sure everything is tightly maintained, learned that the hard way as well as after time things do loosen. Especially If I assembled it. :lol: You can do a lot with what you have, excellent start in cnc plasma. Not sure where you stand with ventilation nor size shop but you will need some type of exhaust or water table as the fumes/dust will be awful without.

Congratulations and welcome! Hope to see you around often. Need anything feel free to ask, though truthfully cad is more my area of expertise.
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

Thanks for the info Ben that helps alot im just getting ready to learn the torchmate cad but i would like to update to the newest version but not sure if the controller will like torchmate cad version 9 my shop is about 2400 Sq ft and I have a big exhaust fan from a previous paint booth that is at the opposite end of the table in the wall it's a little loud but should do for now it pulls tons of air out of the building .
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

And I will be buidling a water table in the near future for it as well
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

I still use the same v7.1 software I started with, have done drawings for people around the world and never had an issue. Your controller won't care about the version software used to create the .dxf. Get familiar with your cad asap, it'll pay off. For most people starting out the cad seems to be more difficult to master than machine operation.
Concerning ventilation. I had two huge 3ph. fans pulling massive amounts of air through my 50'x100' shop and black sooty dust soon covered everything. Honestly speaking I would prioritize the water table before the cad upgrade.
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

I can't get the torchmate 7.1 to load it needs a password and I don't have it any ideas ? I can't get any of the torchmate cad to work ?
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

Can I load torchmate 7.1 on a torchmate 3 table
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

Yes. Not sure why the cad isn't working. I'm sure you're aware the dongle must be installed to use TM cad. It's possible that you may uninstall TM cad and do a full reinstall solving the issue. If that doesn't work I would contact Torchmate. While conversing I would request a copy of the CadLink Type Face Library. Here's a pic. That's all the fonts on the TM system, very handy. I'll PM you with my email and contact info, maybe this can go a little faster for you. :D
Attachments
cad_link.jpg
cad_link.jpg (44.4 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

I'm still having issues with my table and its driving me crazy
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Fabkid33 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:44 am I'm still having issues with my table and its driving me crazy
What's the problem? Pick one at a time and work through them until there are no issues left :Like
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

Torch is cutting real sparatic not following the g code Also doesn't touch off and start in manual mode like it should my z axis carriage was dirty got it cleaned and lubed but still think it's binding also my torch doesn't shut off after cutting aND when I turn cut on my avhc blue screen starts firing the torch without g code running have to go in and turn off manually in aux setting and when I do my torch raises and I have to jog it down to the part then start g code

Return to “Introduce Yourself”