opening DA fonts in Qcad

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Motoxrdr
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

opening DA fonts in Qcad

Post by Motoxrdr »

Ok so i have a few fonts downloaded fro DA font but im having trouble figuring out how too get them open in Qcad. What am i not doing?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: opening DA fonts in Qcad

Post by acourtjester »

Ok when you downloaded the font where did you put them, many programs use the Windows fonts and you will need to put the new font into the Windows font folder, then look in the QCAD after you restart it to see if the font is there. When I looked in QCAD at the fonts shown there are all truetype or (TT) maybe the font you downloaded is not a TT font.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Jesters spot on. DRap and Drtop or Copy and Paste your downloaded fonts to the Windows fonts folder. Maybe the pic below will help you find it. If you can get it there you will see it available for use in Qcad :Like

Fonts.PNG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Motoxrdr
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Motoxrdr »

Hmm ok ill check that out. Even if i do use any font in Qcad its like its just for labeling and it wont show up in sheetcam. Normally i just have .dxf files of individual letters that i copy and paste into order for what im spelling out. Is their something i can do too use the actual font button in Qcad and it just allow me too type it out and still cut it?
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

I don't use Qcad, but in most CAD programs you just use the create letters or create text to add text to your drawing. It should give you some choices as to letter height and font and then position of where to place the text.

Larry
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

If your making plaques or signs you may look into Inkscape, It's free and there are tons of video on YouTube to learn from. You can use most of the fonts from Windows you just type in what you want size if and click on "object to path" under the path menu then save it in either SVG or DXF
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Motoxrdr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:55 pm Hmm ok ill check that out. Even if i do use any font in Qcad its like its just for labeling and it wont show up in sheetcam. Normally i just have .dxf files of individual letters that i copy and paste into order for what im spelling out. Is their something i can do too use the actual font button in Qcad and it just allow me too type it out and still cut it?
To convert your text so it shows yo in SheetCam is easy.

In Qcad select your text, drop down the "Modify" menu, and click on "Explode".

Use the "Quick SVG Export" option from Qcad to save your file as SVG.

Open teh SVG in Sheetcam and you should be good to go :Like
Motoxrdr
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Motoxrdr »

weldguy wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:36 am
Motoxrdr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:55 pm Hmm ok ill check that out. Even if i do use any font in Qcad its like its just for labeling and it wont show up in sheetcam. Normally i just have .dxf files of individual letters that i copy and paste into order for what im spelling out. Is their something i can do too use the actual font button in Qcad and it just allow me too type it out and still cut it?
To convert your text so it shows yo in SheetCam is easy.

In Qcad select your text, drop down the "Modify" menu, and click on "Explode".

Use the "Quick SVG Export" option from Qcad to save your file as SVG.

Open teh SVG in Sheetcam and you should be good to go :Like
Dang your the man! I Been tracing fonts for so long. lol this will save me so much time. Worked perfect first try
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Motoxrdr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:20 pm Dang your the man! I Been tracing fonts for so long. lol this will save me so much time. Worked perfect first try
Tracing fonts!!! Ya I guess this will save you some time! Glad to help, thats what this site is about :Like

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”