dynatorch 36, fastcut table, hypertherm 1000 torch pulling away

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
peakcnc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

dynatorch 36, fastcut table, hypertherm 1000 torch pulling away

Post by peakcnc »

New to plasma tables so not sure what I'm doing wrong, perhaps a setting?? So I have 1/4" plate, have plasma cutter set at 60 amps and max air. using 30hp compressor with dryer/cooler. same shop I'm running 4 CNC machines so i'm thinking air is ok? I was trying to cut some donuts, 1" id and 3" od. cutter did 1" ID fine, stopped, moved up and over to start of 3" diameter, cut about 1/2" and then torch moved up and away from cut. tried it several times with different diameters. cut just plain circles and anything over 1" diameter cutter will move up and away from material? Do i have voltage set wrong somewhere, or torch height control not set? the table and guessing software is from 2010 so not sure if much has changed since then with the software or controller..
dynatorch.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: dynatorch 36, fastcut table, hypertherm 1000 torch pulling away

Post by weldguy »

Try turning your auto torch height control off and see if the problem goes away.

If it does your THC voltage value is not set correctly for your setup or your THC is just not functioning properly.

If your torch is rising try reducing your THC voltage value 5-10 volts with each test cut until you find a voltage that stabilizes the torch an an appropriate cutting height.

Be sure to test cut using straight lines so your not wasting material and to be sure the THC Is active during the test since most controllers will turn the THC off on small profiles like the 1" circle on your donut.

Good luck
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

SP is your voltage. You have your feed rate set at 25ipm? Just checked my chart and for 65 amp consumables the chart says 90 ipm and at 127 set point(voltage) I normally run my set point a little higher to avoid crashes and as long as the cut quality is good I keep it there.
I think your speed is way slow, and remember speed IPM and voltage run hand in hand. As weldguy says if you turn your height control off it should cut and you might lose the arc since you are going so slow.
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
peakcnc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by peakcnc »

so i've played a bit with it, thought I had it worked out but something with torch height still not working. If I run without THC it seems to work ok. I had a friend give me a 1/4" plate to play with, and it's not very flat so was a bit of a challenge. I have torch set so it's 1/16 from the workpiece, I think that's correct from what I'm seeing on google and the manual. I went with the 90ipm and 127 and that seems to work ok.
20191101_154408.jpg
20191101_154427.jpg
this moose is approx 6" x 6", got a lot of bevel on the bottom, is that a speed or voltage problem?

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Consumable condition and proper cut height play the biggest role in eliminating the bevel.

If dross on the back is minimal or non-existant I expect your cut speed is good.

If your not using the THC voltage is playing no role in your bevel.

Read this article https://www.hypertherm.com/customer-sup ... angularity to help you understand the bevel and determine how to reduce or elimnate it
Dignified
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Dignified »

Hi Peakcnc,

Are you using a black Dynatorch control box with the red E-,Stop button on it? I am rewiring my control box and hoping someone has the same one and can send me a few pictures of the inside.

Thanks,

David

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”