axis not moving

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
farmer53
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

axis not moving

Post by farmer53 »

I have a dynacnc table with gecko drives, servo motors, mp1000 torch height control and mach3.

I use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the gantry. Last week everything worked fine but today none of the axis want to move. once in a while if you keep pressing the keys the x and y axis will move in one direction only and a couple of times the z went down only. I changed the gecko drive on the z axis but it made no difference so I don't think the gecko drives are the problem. The fault lights on the gecko drives come on for a second when the system is powered on then stay off.

On the mach3 screen the numbers for all 3 axis display when pressing the arrow keys.

With every thing powered on the servos are powered up and hold their position. The torch button in mach3 fires the torch.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

farmer53
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: axis not moving

Post by WSS »

Sounds like a keyboard problem. If you use them a lot and some pierce boogers get caught in there it might react like you are describing.

WSS
farmer53
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: axis not moving

Post by farmer53 »

Thanks for they reply. I tried a different keyboard. It is the old original one that was hard to read but exact same results.

farmer53

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”