Welding Table Tabs Tolerances

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Reb0rn
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Welding Table Tabs Tolerances

Post by Reb0rn »

I'm also from the netherlands, and i have looked into this aswell. they are indeed pretty pricy. I found a German company that had quite decent tables for much cheaper, but i dont know the name anymore.

If i was you i would ask a laser company how much it would cost to laser the 6 or 8mm table for you and just make the clamps. If you own or know someone with a lathe, it is just a day of production work to make stops for in the holes. for the clamps, buy some decent besseys or something like that, cut em up and wel to the stops.
Plasma-art
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Plasma-art »

Reb0rn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:07 pm I'm also from the netherlands, and i have looked into this aswell. they are indeed pretty pricy.

If i was you i would ask a laser company how much it would cost to laser the 6 or 8mm table for you
It seems everything is more expensive or harder to source when it comes to tools here in the Netherlands.
Simple things are easier and cheaper to just import.

I did ask for a quote for the top out of 6mm to be laser cut and it's not to expensive when I take in to account the raw material price.
Downside would be lead time, 4 to 6 weeks wait at a local company at the moment but not in any rush right now.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Have you considered laying out your hole grid and using a Mag drill to drill the holes? When used with an annular cutter, you can create some very precise holes.
David
Plasma-art
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Plasma-art »

Yes I did consider it but its alot of work and i would also have to buy a mag drill.
I do agree with you its a precise way to do it.

Just checked the prices for a quality mag drill and buying one plus cutters would be just as expensive as buying a table.
Yes there are cheaper mag drills but getting replacement parts can be an issue with the off brand stuff.

For now it's on the back burner anyway, need to get my plasma table up and running first, waiting for laser cut parts at the moment.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”