Low Voltage on Design Edge RedBarn computer

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
i_r_machinist
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Low Voltage on Design Edge RedBarn computer

Post by i_r_machinist »

Samson 510 table with "Red Barn" computer that we purchased from SamsonCNC, running windows 7. I'm constantly getting communications errors or Low voltage errors. I get 1 to 1.3 volts on the diagnostics screen. I went back to the owners form and read an old post where the Tech told me to re-seat the board. Anyone know what two pins on the rs232 connection I can use to check voltage ? I think I'm just going to buy another port. This one is a few years old and live in a harsh environment.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
i_r_machinist
Plasmacam card.PNG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: low voltage on Design Edge RedBarn computer

Post by rdj357 »

The voltage on the diagnostics screen has nothing to do with the parallel port so don't worry about that.

That is an Axxon card which is the best card to use for this machine - it seems to be an older model but I would defer to Axxon support as to what voltage it operates at.

Are you also using a double shielded cable from Plasmacam or Axxon? If not, that could help quite a bit as well as grounding the table with a ground rod, locating the plasma cutter away from the computer by 6' or so, not coiling up the ground cable (route it away and back rather than rolled up), and not routing any wires along with the parallel cable that goes from controller to computer.

I have the double shielded cables in 10 and 15' if you need one, link in signature.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”