Sync Finecut Rev B??? Problems with 16 gauge.

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Rriddle009
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Sync Finecut Rev B??? Problems with 16 gauge.

Post by Rriddle009 »

Anyone know what the difference is between these two Sync cartridges? They are both Finecut Mechanized 30-45amp, but the one on the left is REVB while the one on the right is not. First time getting one of these REVB carts. I hope it doesn't blow out as easily. I cut a lot of 16 gauge, and the SWIFTCUT XP table I have uses this pressure sensing tech to measure the Z axis zero.....so what happens is in spots the material will give a little while it is sensing height and will spring back up! This results in the table thinking that zero is lower than it actually is....result? The table tries to pierce right up against the material. This tends to blow out the nozzle...ruining a whole cartridge. The problem is worse with the duramax tips ( I have an adapter and use both SYNC and Duramax consumables), as they have such a lower cut height than the SYNC carts do. Anyone have any insight into the problems I am having? I limp along this way, but I have to be constantly vigilant in watching it cut 16 gauge. I wonder to myself how hard it would be to add ohmic sensing to this table....or if that is even possible.

sync.PNG
sync.PNG (390.12 KiB) Viewed 608 times

picture of two carts
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Two Questions...Mechanized Sync FinecutRevb??? Problems with 16 gauge.

Post by rdj357 »

The revision B cartridge was developed because they had problems with ohmic sensing errors on some tables. There shouldn't be any functional difference between the two for a table that does not use ohmic sensing. If it were me I'd use whichever one worked better/lasted longer after some testing. Sorry, I can't help with the ohmic thoughts on your table as I'm completely unfamiliar with it.
weldguy

Re: Two Questions...Mechanized Sync FinecutRevb??? Problems with 16 gauge.

Post by weldguy »

Ohmic sensing has its own set of issues, if you are interested in trying it your best to reach out to Swiftcut and see if they can help you incorporate it.

As for your height sensing/material flexing issue the best thing to do is simply hold the material down flat to the cutting deck when it is sensing height.

Can do this by hand or with a broom handle or something. Kinda of a pain but I have done it for years and works for me.

If you cut the same thing everyday you will know where the problem areas are where you have to be vigilant about it.
Rriddle009
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Sync Finecut Rev B??? Problems with 16 gauge.

Post by Rriddle009 »

Thanks for the feedback. That is kind of what I have been doing already, but it is cool to know its not really something I am doing wrong...just comes with the territory of cutting thin materials.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Ya your not alone, it's a common issue but I will still take it over ohmic sensing.
cutnweld
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutnweld »

I have ohmic sensing with floating head touch off as a backup. works well. I'll take ohmic sensing any day for cutting light material. one thing you could try is changing pierce height to compensate for the warp in sheet as you touch off.
5X10 Shop built table
20x80x32 inch gap lathe
10x40 lathe
10x54 milling machine
2-Miller 255
Miller XMT350MPA
Lincoln squarewave tig 255
12 Ft Durma Brake
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Obviously everyone has very different experiences - I wouldn't trade ohmic sensing for anything as it works brilliantly for me! (Now that they have released the Rev.B cartridges!)
rick_b
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rick_b »

When did these RevB Cartridges come out?
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

I believe they were released last month - with little fanfare it seems. They are only the FineCut cartridges, all other regular mechanized shields were unchanged.
rick_b
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rick_b »

Thanks, we use a lot of Finecut consumables daily on the old machine it had a Powermax 105 on it but since going to the new machine with the 105 Snyc system we have had nothing but problems cutting especially with the Finecut.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”