Garden sign

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
J-SIG
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Garden sign

Post by J-SIG »

Here's a Garden sign I did for my co-workers wife (same guy I did the 930 Case farm sign for) for a
Christmas present 2 years ago!
Hoping someone could use it for the veggies or a start for their own!
This one is 2 layers, the front piece has drops for the veggies except for the corn which I cut out 1st
to powder coat and glue in later! The others had the lines for details in the back so I could powder coat
it without worrying about overspray! Then when it's glued together the front gives the border to look
right! A little bit of a pain in the a## but better than trying to tape and powder coat each veg!
Then added a angle with square tube and bolt to fasten to a "T" post!
Thanks!
Jeff
P.S. I've finally been sharing more since I quit work at UW Arlington, Wi and had back surgery again!
Basically laid up for 6 months!

Garden Sign.dxf
Garden Sign.pcm

Garden Sign 1.JPG
Garden Sign 2.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Jeff S.
J-SIG Manufacturing
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Garden sign

Post by ben de lappe »

Aye, spine injuries are no fun and have likewise contributed positively to my file share rate at times also. Personally speaking focusing intently on drawings helps tremendously.

Hope you're mending well and thank you for your contribution.
J-SIG

Post by J-SIG »

ben de lappe wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:30 pm Aye, spine injuries are no fun and have likewise contributed positively to my file share rate at times also. Personally speaking focusing intently on drawings helps tremendously.

Hope you're mending well and thank you for your contribution.
Thank you Ben!
I know a lot of went you went through too! God bless! Yes drawing and learning from the younger/older
group here helps too!
Doing good had a laminectomy 2 years ago L2-L5 plus part of the tail bone, now they fused L3-4 & L4-5
together because of bulged disc & a herniated disc! Just turned 61 Oct 5th, 2022! Ma always said I'd
pay for what I'm doing when I get old!

Jeff
Jeff S.
J-SIG Manufacturing
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Very nicely done Jeff! What kind of paint did you use? Very colorful indeed!
Thanks for sharing another one of your great projects.

David
J-SIG

Post by J-SIG »

adbuch wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:21 am Very nicely done Jeff! What kind of paint did you use? Very colorful indeed!
Thanks for sharing another one of your great projects.

David
Thanks David,
This is all powder coat colors!
That's why i coated the back where just the main color shows thru the front!
I have a 100 or more colors of powders, the border is a "Candy Copper" which
I use for a lot of signs instead of black, it's a "translucent" color so you can add
grind marks that show through and with the "Candy" it reflects light different giving
a great effect!

Jeff
Jeff S.
J-SIG Manufacturing
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Looks awesome Jeff, thanks for posting. Super impressed with the what you were able to do with the powder coat, I didn't even know that was possible!
Metal Works
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Metal Works »

Thanks my daughter in-law will love it
J-SIG

Post by J-SIG »

cuttinparts wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:57 am Looks awesome Jeff, thanks for posting. Super impressed with the what you were able to do with the powder coat, I didn't even know that was possible!
With experimenting for the last 4-5 years with the Eastwood Dual voltage gun I've been surprised with
some of the results too! You can turn the air down enough to use little "Puffs" of powder (as long as you
keep very little powder in the gun)by hitting the trigger in short burst! I do some Hummingbird signs
around 12" dia. and do 4-7 different colors without to much blending of color! (it's kind of fun to see
what you can do!)
With a 100+ colors of powder you have lots of choices!
For bigger projects I use my EZ50 gun, a lot more versatile!

Thanks!
Jeff

Last edited by J-SIG on Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff S.
J-SIG Manufacturing
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Jeff - thanks for the information on your powder coating and guns! I haven't done any yet, except for a few brackets I coated with my small HF gun about 15 years ago. You may have already posted it, but what sort of ovens are you using?
Thanks,
David
J-SIG

Post by J-SIG »

adbuch wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:48 am Jeff - thanks for the information on your powder coating and guns! I haven't done any yet, except for a few brackets I coated with my small HF gun about 15 years ago. You may have already posted it, but what sort of ovens are you using?
Thanks,
David
I originally started with a regular electric oven but it wasn't long and that wasn't big enough so I talked with Ronnie (friend & helper with grinding and painting, then powder coating) and we decided to make one out of an old 250 gal fuel oil barrel! That was 4.5 years ago (over 7000 pieces coated!) We made a "temporary" cart to hang them then line up with the track in the oven to roll the sign in or out when done! The oven was covered with a 1" thick Hi-Temp Insulation that is good for 800-1100 deg F I used "Chicken wire" to hold it in place to see if the oven worked with plans to cover with sheet metal later! (it's still just wire & insulation) The door I made a 20ga cover to sandwich insulation between! We used 2 electric oven heating elements for heat! Only takes about 45 min to get to 400f and once you open the door and put signs in it only drops about 25 deg and takes about 1 min to get back to 400. I can do signs up to 3' x 5.5' which is bigger than I like doing but have done 20 or more that barely fit including a 44.75" tall "Bucky Badger" (pic below) that was 34.5" wide! The "Bucky" backers hanging on the rack in the last pic are only a little over 2' tall! I'm a "Licensed Authorized Vender" for UW Wisconsin "Bucky Badgers" and "Motion W's" but the one with the hockey stick was not approved by the UW because I changed his feet by adding ice skates!
That's my Great Niece Charley by the oven in the 2nd pick, she had to check it out when she stopped 1-10-19, 1yr 5 months old!
The oven on the cabinet is the one we first started with! Kept it in the shop for smaller items but the big one works so well it was thrown out
2 months later!
Thanks!
Jeff

Jeff S.
J-SIG Manufacturing
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Jeff - that is a very clever design. I really like the way the cart is shaped just like the oven so it fits right in. Great way to repurpose that oil drum. What size heating elements did you use? Do you have any shots with the cart rolled into the oven so we can get a better idea of how it works together? Do you have a separate "dry booth" for applying the powder? This reminds be very much of an oven that Tom build as seen elsewhere on the forum.
Great job and thanks for providing the details on your build.

David
J-SIG

Post by J-SIG »

adbuch wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:43 pm Jeff - that is a very clever design. I really like the way the cart is shaped just like the oven so it fits right in. Great way to repurpose that oil drum. What size heating elements did you use? Do you have any shots with the cart rolled into the oven so we can get a better idea of how it works together? Do you have a separate "dry booth" for applying the powder? This reminds be very much of an oven that Tom build as seen elsewhere on the forum.
Great job and thanks for providing the details on your build.

David
Thanks David!
I'll have to check the forum, I don't remember seeing a oven on here!
They're 220v oven elements, not sure what Watt Ronnie (pulling rack out) and Petey (friends and helpers) went to Verns Appliance In Lodi, Wi and asked if they could get a couple used ovens to see if the elements where good! They came home with 4 and cannibalized 3 of them for parts and couldn't find anything wrong with the 4th so we use it every now and then in the big shop! We butcher our own Steers, Pigs, deer, turkeys, & chickens and cook some samples making brats and sausage...but back to the oven!
The temp dials I found on Amazon for around $40 for the pair that way we can adjust each burner so the come on and off together! I took these pics from a video Petey's brother did with his phone, I couldn't post the 27 second video, guessing I need to do a link to it or change the format?
The rack is from a bunk bed frame (ladder for bottom) a friend brought out for me to haul away for scrap! Ronnie used it for our "Temporary" cart! The track is from a shed we tore down for roof tin and is door track! There isa 3" piece bolted inside the track of the stove so when you roll the cart up you line it up and roll the rack in or out!
To the right of the oven is the grinding/powder coat bench! It's 5' wide and 3.5' deep, I have a 6"x12" magnetic chuck in the middle to hold parts! The exhaust fan is in the gable above the window with a restrictor board wit a 6" hole at the ceiling and a 6" flex tube that hangs down about 8" off the table in the right corner! Fan gets 95% or better of the powder coatings and grinding dust! :Like
I'll take some pics today for the heck of it and post here which may give some ideas for others! I thought I had pics as we built it but haven't found them on any of my computers!

Jeff

Jeff S.
J-SIG Manufacturing

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”