Implanted heart defibulator and plasma cutting

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
rotparapple
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Implanted heart defibulator and plasma cutting

Post by rotparapple »

I was wondering if anyone with implanted heart defibulator had any promblems using hypertherm 600 plasma cutter or any for that matter as I am to have one implanted in a couple weeks it has to do with electro magnetic interferance I will have to change welding process for sure , but am curious about plasma cutting might have to contact hypertherm Thanks for any input !!
Doug
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Implanted heart defibulator and plasma cutting

Post by jimcolt »

I have never heard of any issues....although I would be doing some research with the defibrilator manufacturer! Until I was sure that from an electrical interference and magnetic perspective it was compatible...I would not be using the plasma...or any other electrical welding/cutting equipment.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

A friend of mine had one installed and we were messing with our cutting table and he asked me if it was a plasma machine (after we had done some cutting!). Of course I said it was and asked why? He said he did not know but it was on the list of things to stay away from. At the time I assumed it meant HF units, but not sure.
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

If it is RF noise that bothers the defibs....then it would be more of an issue with the high freequency start plasmas....if it is magnetic fields...then it could be any plasma or welder. Why take the chance?

Jim
rotparapple
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by rotparapple »

Thanks you guys so much for the input I have meeting with defibulator manufactures rep hope to get some answers A gain thank you so much Doug

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”