Reducing Nodes & Smoothing Trace Results in CorelDRAW

A series of short instructional videos CorelDRAW users may find helpful
CorelDRAW for Plasma
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Reducing Nodes & Smoothing Trace Results in CorelDRAW

Post by CorelDRAW for Plasma »

Here is a quick video showing how to reduce node counts and smooth trace results to create smoother machine motion, improve design quality and reduce file sizes.

This is particularity helpful when trying to smooth out manual trace results from the use the bezier tool, or to improve upon automatic trace results.

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Reducing Nodes & Smoothing Trace Results in CorelDRAW

Post by adbuch »

Thanks Justin! Another great instructional video. The Smooth Tool appears to have the effect of deleting unneeded nodes. I tried it out and after multiple passes it really smoothed it out. I often do the same thing using Inkscape, only the nodes need to be deleted manually - it has no Smooth Tool like the CorelDraw tool.

David

Before using Smooth Tool
smooth tool 1.jpg

After using Smooth Tool
smooth tool 2.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

CorelDRAW for Plasma
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Reducing Nodes & Smoothing Trace Results in CorelDRAW

Post by CorelDRAW for Plasma »

Hey no problem David, glad you found it useful, It's a great feature that Corel has that many are not aware of. For simple designs like the circle in my video and the part in your images it works great but where it really shines is when you have a more complex design that you have traced like say a vehicle or and animal or something. This is a fast easy way to dramatically reduce node count and smooth things out in seconds. I hope Corel users are finding these videos, kinda of tucked away in it's own little section.

Return to “Quick & Helpful CorelDRAW Tutorial Videos”