Wyoming newbie

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
307 Custom fab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Wyoming newbie

Post by 307 Custom fab »

Hello all,

We recently added a Starlab 5x10 with a hypertherm 85 to our shop. We are located in Cheyenne Wyoming and hope to utilize this forum a lot! I run a side welding and metal fab gig, called 307 custom Fabrication. New to the plasma table gig so I’m sure I’ll be asking a lot of questions!

Thanks!

Dan Macoubrie
307 Custom Fab
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Wyoming newbie

Post by djreiswig »

Congratulations on your new purchase. I think you'll be very happy with the Starlab & the Hypertherm. Welcome to the forum.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard Dan! Are you running Linux or Windows for your table? Are you using the Pro-Nest/Sheetcam combo for your cad/cam, or do you have other design/cam software you prefer? Did your table come with the standard steppers or did you upgrade to the servos? Either way, that looks to be one great quality table.

David
307 Custom fab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by 307 Custom fab »

Thanks David!
Answers to your questions, Im running Linux, also using the pronest/sheetcam, right now I’m messing around with fusion 360, Inkscape, Qcad. I’ve only had the table almost a week, so I’m still pretty new to all the programs. I upgraded to the servos, any upgrade they had for their 5x10 table we got. Seems to be a very well built machine. What I have cut so far I’m very impressed and happy with.

Dan
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Thanks for the update Dan! Perhaps post a few photos showing some of the parts you have cut.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Hi Dan
I would suggest starting with one drawing program with a few simple projects to give you how the flow goes. There is a lot of info on Fusion 360 and Inkscape here with some on QCAD. You can use the search function in the upper right for a look around. There has been many tutorials posted by member to show the different aspects and operations of the software. Do ask questions to get a better understanding as you go along. You have a great tool you have added to your shop it will add many new projects to you list. there are many build for yourself and use projects posted here. Have fun Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”