Powder coat controls input

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
Gogo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Powder coat controls input

Post by Gogo »

Getting ready to build an oven, think I will go the hybrid route and buy the controller assembly and make the box myself. Seems pretty straight forward.

Looking at this controller set up looking to do a 8FT tall, 3 to 4 feet wide and 3 to 4 feet deep. I want to have the ability to do some tall object and maybe a small table or other larger items. this 3 units at a time in the craigslist oven is not serving me well and I can't scale with it. Got me started and confident for 50 bucks but I need to move on now.

Any thoughts on this controller, I can do the build but this seems stupid easy and I can follow directions so I know it is going to cost more that buying the individual items but I will save a ton on the box so I I don't mind paying a little extra here where I don't have the expertise.

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Powder coat controls input

Post by acourtjester »

nothing showing, I built mine with a PID and SSR they are sold on eBay very fair price. Elements are sold too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
sonbakler
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by sonbakler »

The price doesn't seem bad but it looks far more complex than it really needs to be for a home made oven. Should be able to pick up what you need on Ebay as Toms said and spend half as much and simplify the project.
34by151
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 34by151 »

That's a lotto spend for the same result
Look for a rex c-100 or an MT-S + a pid

I like the MT-S as the display is much better and it has outputs for both relay and ssr
Last edited by 34by151 on Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gogo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Gogo »

thanks all. i’ll price it that way as well.

Return to “Powder Coat”