Hello Everyone, Scott from NC here

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Falconer85
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello Everyone, Scott from NC here

Post by Falconer85 »

Looking forward to learning more about CNC plasma cutting and really anything metal working related. Ive been a machinist for 21 years
most of that time has been CNC production work, with last five years primarily manual machining, NC surface grinding and a good amount of fabrication work, fabrication both on the job and at home hobbyist work. I recently purchased a Spark Robotic 5x10 table with a Hypertherm powermax 65sync.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello Everyone, Scott from NC here

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard Scott! Your background sounds very similar to mine. I've also been a "machinist" for over 20 years, with much of that cnc production work - mainly my own line of metal working tooling and machines. I purchased my first cnc plasma table about 7 years ago, and use it mainly for "hobby" type work. What sorts of programs are you using for the cad/cam for your new plasma table?

Did you purchase your table new or used? There were recently several posts from a person claiming to be either the owner or manager of Spark Robotics, but we have not heard much more from him lately.

https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic. ... 47&t=35598

If you purchased new, then I expect you may have dealt with him directly since you are also located in NC.

Good luck with your new venture.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”