Hello

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
ethelberttaylo
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello

Post by ethelberttaylo »

New member looking to get a plasma table we have a body shop and build street rods and dirt race cars. We have a well equipped sheet metal shop and a lathe and a mill.
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome! For doing what you do a plasma table is must have. What size table are you looking for, and brands in mind or DIY?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! What size table are you looking for, and what is your total budget for table, plasma cutter, computer, software, etc? I personally own several of the Plasmacam products - one DHC2 4x4 and one DHC2 pipe/tube cutter. I have had great luck with these, and the Design Edge software is great! Of course there are tons of choices for tables, cutters, etc.

I would recommend Hypertherm for a plasma cutter. Many here use Inkscape, CorelDraw, Fusion 360, SolidEdge, and a few others for their design work - and many use SheetCam for producing their g-code for cutting. Are there any specific tables you have been considering? Good luck with your new cnc venture.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”