Hello from Tx

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
lsymons1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Tx

Post by lsymons1 »

Thanks for the join. Presently building JD's Garage Plasma Table. Experienced with CNC router build I did some time back. Using RnR Usb controller driving router with Mach3. Plan on switching the plasma table over to ethernet controller and running Mach3 instead of OpenBuilds.
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Tx

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome to the site! Many here would be interested to see your plasma table build, have any pics? What plasma cutter will you be putting on it?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! I am running one of my cnc router tables with Mach3 ethernet controller and it works great. Another great thing about using Mach3 is it allows for the capability of using the SheetCam Scanything to run an auto tracer.

David

lsymons1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by lsymons1 »

plasmanewbie wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:47 pm Welcome to the site! Many here would be interested to see your plasma table build, have any pics? What plasma cutter will you be putting on it?
I will get some pics of table and post. My Cutter is a Herocut CUT55DP. Hopefully I will be able to shield the issues with HF by using Ethernet controller and proper shielding and grounding. I will keep posted my results. Also gonna support the long x-axis arm with additional roller on the end as the design looks like it might have some flex issues on that unsupported long arm.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”