C and CNC ESP 11 CONTROL BOX PROBLEM

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
D7UNK
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

C and CNC ESP 11 CONTROL BOX PROBLEM

Post by D7UNK »

Hello, Can someone please give me some help/advice?

My CNC Plasma Table is 10 years old & has a CandCNC ESP 11 Control Box fitted & I have a possible electrical issue :-(

Inside to control box. the PCB on the left side has 4 x Red LED Lights that are normally illuminated, My issue is that it appears there is no power going to this PCB :-(

The two PCB's on the right hand side both have their green LED's lit up & the cooling fan runs when the mains power is switched on.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to check/test to resolve the power supply issues to the Left PCB?

I have attached 2 photos, one shows the front panel of the CandCNC Control box & the second photo shows the left PCB showing the 4 Red LED's illuminated (photo taken previously when table was working)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Duncan
LED LIGHTS.png
FRONT.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: C and CNC ESP 11 CONTROL BOX PROBLEM

Post by weldguy »

Not familiar with that setup but since some boards in the box are lit up and some are not, are you able to determine if all boards in that box are feed power from a single power supply or multiple power supplies?
D7UNK
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by D7UNK »

Hi, thanks for your reply.
The 2 board's on the right side are powered by 2 x 12v AC adapters & they have green LEDs.

The board on the left has 4 x LEDs but they are not illuminated. This is why I think there is a separate power supply for this board.
From what I can see, I think this board control's the motor's as there is 4 X plugs which lead to the motor's.

It looks like there is some form of large power supply/transformer which is located behind the left board.

I am hoping to get some advice on how to test/troubleshoot this power supply/transformer before removing the left board.

The attached photo show's the 4 x red LEDs when the machine was working previously.

Cheers Dunk
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Use a multimeter or volt meter to check that the power supply has input ac power, then check the outputs to see what their voltage is.

David
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by TJS »

Have you posted on the CandCNC board. The owner monitors that all the time. Don't want to give you the wrong info. But when I first got my set up from them I thought they supplied an extra lap top power cable. Come to find out I needed to hook it to the main board input 12+ and - indicated on the board. My OMIC did not work, well it worked after I figured it out that I had no 12+ input.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

I'm with David on the voltage test. Should be fairy easy to determine the input and output wires and check both for voltage. Some power supplies have an onboard fuse which may be blown. You could look for that also while you are in there.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Weldguy gives some great advise about checking for a fuse as well as the voltages.

David
kn612
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by kn612 »

The 4 lights on the boards on the left are the gecko stepper drivers. The large power supply underneath it should be 48v and it powers the stepper drivers.
D7UNK
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by D7UNK »

Thanks for the suggestions , i will post an update later this week.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

The CandCNC Support Forum handles support and troubleshooting on both older and newer Controls systems and software. You will get an answer there a lot faster and from factory support. Its checked several times a day and on weekends . The manuals for that series are still on our website under Sypport/Manuals to help you identify the cards . The internal BIAS supply (12V) poweers most of the internal cards. We still have parts for that series and you can still get it fixed or get it upgraded to the current CommadnCNC system with a new PC and software included.

Return to “CandCNC Forum”