Sheetcam to torchmate 3 issue

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Austin91594
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Sheetcam to torchmate 3 issue

Post by Austin91594 »

I’ve drawn up a plate with a few holes in Inkscape, save as a svg then bring it over to Sheetcam and add a cut path. Once I send to post processor(tried all the torchmate post processors) and bring it into the torchmate 3 to cut I get a handful of g code errors, most of which relate to lines that mention dthc. Anyone have a solution to this?
Austin91594
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam to torchmate 3 issue

Post by Austin91594 »

8F3D328B-1D60-4988-8666-D3413CA6C764.jpeg
3624B042-F811-4753-B7F0-7AA4AF9501A7.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

It looks like it is telling you that M67 in not defined with respect to your controller.

"CAUTION: If no motion is commanded, the output will not turn OFF. It is best to specify motion immediately following the M63 command."

Have you considered using TMCad to create your g-code? You may have better results. Is this the first time you have tried to run g-code from SheetCam with your Torchmate table?

I would try importing your Inkscape file to TMCad and create the g-code from there. Or just draw up your part using TMCad instead of Inkscape.

Also you might try reaching out to Les Newall at the SheetCam forum.

https://forum.sheetcam.com/

David
Austin91594
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Austin91594 »

Just figured it out, my cutting rules kept importing that code due to the size of the holes. I removed the rule and now can upload the file to torchmate error free. I was going to try the torchmate cad but it seems I need a license/usb file to run it and I didn’t get that with the machine.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Thanks for posting back with your solution. So I am guessing Sheetcam was trying to turn your DTHC off because the size of the hole was small enough to initiate a slowdown routine. Removing the rule eliminated that DTHC off command so no error however your DTHC will no longer be turned off for those small holes which could cause some issues when cutting. I expect you may find that when the torch slows down for the small hole the arc will burn away more material and the DTHC will lower torch and it is possible it could contact the plate. You may still want to look at fixing the original issue so you can take advantage of the DTHC system turning off for small holes.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Cut rules are embedded in the tool set. The M67 ,acros are specitic to EMC2 Gcode. I don't know what controls you have but if they areTorchmate , no way the cut rules with those specific calls will work. In CommandCNC there are some custom settings that turn the DTHC on and off and do other things BUT you have to be running a DTHC from CandCNC with CommandCNC to use those features. I don't know what call turns the Torchmate THC on oand off but that owuld need to be in the cut rule g-code .
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Austin91594 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:03 am Just figured it out, my cutting rules kept importing that code due to the size of the holes. I removed the rule and now can upload the file to torchmate error free. I was going to try the torchmate cad but it seems I need a license/usb file to run it and I didn’t get that with the machine.
You can purchase a TMCad 9 license with usb lock for around $300. I am assuming this table is new to you and you are just getting started trying to use it. I would highly recommend spending the additional 300 bucks so you can unlock the full potential of your new table. I recently purchased a TMCad license even though I don't have a torchmate table. The software alone is well worth the cost, just from a design standpoint.

If you want to try out the TMCad 9 software, you can download and install the educational version - which is fully functional - with the exception that it will only save files in .edu format.

Download it here:

https://torchmate.com/cad-cam-downloads
trial version.jpg
As an added bonus, the trial version contains lots of Clipart - which you can open using the educational version, edit, and screen shot to end up with a usable file.

Here is an example.

David
bat 1.jpg
bat 2.jpg
bat 3.jpg
bat.svg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Austin91594 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:03 am Just figured it out, my cutting rules kept importing that code due to the size of the holes. I removed the rule and now can upload the file to torchmate error free. I was going to try the torchmate cad but it seems I need a license/usb file to run it and I didn’t get that with the machine.
Were you able to cut your file with your thc working?

David

Return to “Torchmate Forum”