New to me 5x10 Samson owner.

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Skidmore
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New to me 5x10 Samson owner.

Post by Skidmore »

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Josh I purchased a 5x10 Samson cutter at a government auction a couple weeks ago. The purchase was prompted by the need from out local FFA chapter wanting to make things for fundraising and SAE projects. Im sure I will be asking lots of questions and posting in the wrong areas please be patient as I learn this new system. Im excited to be here and learn.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to me 5x10 Samson owner.

Post by Joe Jones »

Hi,

Where in Montana are you located? What city?

Congrats on your new Samson 510 table. The first thing you should do is contact PlasmaCam and register the table into YOUR NAME or the name of the group or organization that purchased the table. You will then get tech support from them and be able to purchase parts and accessories from them.

You will need to know your table's serial number, and also the Product Code for the software that came with the table. You will need to know what software came with the table, and which upgrades (if any) were purchased and activated by the previous owner.

Once the table is registered into the new owner's name, you will be able to access The Owners Community Forum, a private forum for PlasmaCam owners. However, you have already found the BEST place to be! PlasmaSpider is the best source for knowledge, information, art files, and everything else "plasma table" related.

Which plasma cutter came with the table? Did it come with the PC and DesignEdge already installed onto it, or did you just buy the table itself?

Do you have a shop where you can set this table up? Do you have the other things you will need ... an air compressor, a good exhaust fan, a place to store large sheets of metal, and a way to move them around? Is this an "only YOu" situation, or will this table be used by a few or several people?

Do you have ANY experience running a cnc table, and designing vector art files using any software package?

I do free online training for DesignEdge software via ZOOM, and also visit table owners in person for on-site training for a daily training fee. You can also receive training through other good sources, like in-person training seminar held by Robert Johnson who does training seminars near his home in Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...klahoma!

There are many You Tube videos on how to use DesignEdge software on your PlasmaCam or Samson 510 CNCtable. These videos are made by myself and various others as well. They are fairly easy to find.

What do you intend to do with this table? Make metal art? Sell parts for machines and bulldozers? Use it to create things that will be sold at fundraisers?

Welcome to the mad, mad, mad, mad world of plasma tables!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Welcome! Ask away, my contact info is in my signature if that ever helps!
Skidmore
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Skidmore »

Joe,

I’m just outside lockwood MT, I will work on getting it registered in my name. The only thing that came with it was the table, CPU and all the factory disks and paperwork. I own a heavy diesel repair shop so I have room for it. I have my eye on a hypertherm 45xp any input on that would be appreciated. This was purchased so the FFA kids could use it, I help with the mechanics and welding aspects of that program. It will be used under my supervision or my sons. 0 experience with Cnc or designing files

I have no idea how to attach this to your comment so I hope you see this.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard Josh! I also have a Plasmacam table purchased new about 7 years ago. Robert has a wealth of knowledge with the Plasmacam tables and Design Edge software, and was a huge help to me in the beginning when I was just trying to get up and cutting. As Robert has mentioned, he has a Learn Plasmacam Youtube channel with an array of instructive videos. Good luck with your new adventure!

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”