Micro Vac

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
Splinters&Sparx
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Micro Vac

Post by Splinters&Sparx »

I'm looking for recommendations for mini/micro vac systems for powder coating. Which is better, attachments for a shop vac or a pneumatic mini vacuum? Thanks
sonbakler
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Micro Vac

Post by sonbakler »

I just use a cheap shop vac for my small time setup and it is simple and works great. If it's pulling too much powder into the vac I just create a bigger "leak" in the vac hose so it doesn't pull as hard.
Splinters&Sparx
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Splinters&Sparx »

sonbakler wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:03 pm I just use a cheap shop vac for my small time setup and it is simple and works great. If it's pulling too much powder into the vac I just create a bigger "leak" in the vac hose so it doesn't pull as hard.
Thanks for the reply.. do you use the micro vac attachments for a shop vac?
martyy
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by martyy »

Splinters&Sparx wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:46 pm
sonbakler wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:03 pm I just use a cheap shop vac for my small time setup and it is simple and works great. If it's pulling too much powder into the vac I just create a bigger "leak" in the vac hose so it doesn't pull as hard.
I have only used the micro attachments for the shop vac a couple times and it worked well. Main thing is dont use them for other things that will contaminate them. I could see the value in the pneumatic ones where you could reclaim some powder. If you already have a shop vac it would be little money out to try the micro attachments to see what you think.
Dirtmotor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dirtmotor »

I have a pneumatic micro vac , it works great for fine detail work , but I think you still need a mini shop vac attachment set for cleaning up large areas of powder .
sonbakler
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by sonbakler »

Splinters&Sparx wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:46 pm
No I don't, in fact I have never even heard of the micro vac attachements...but I live in the country and don't get out much. Did a google search and I see what your referring to but I don't see a need to pic those up. Would like to see some others setups using the micro vac attachments though.

Return to “Powder Coat”