Lightning strike final. What it took.

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Deezl Smoke
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Lightning strike final. What it took.

Post by Deezl Smoke »

Firstly, thank you to all on this board for your unselfish sharing of info and experience.
Thank you to Arclight Dynamics for their very quick and expert help diagnosing and shipping parts asap.
And big thank you to Hypertherm. Outstanding tech support.

So, $2500 and a month later, I finally get my table back on line and running like a champ.
It took a new main power board and new cpc port (voltage divider board) for the Hypertherm, and it took a new DTHC 5a card, a new PWM sensor, and a new RS485 hub from Arclight. Since the Hypertherm is off warranty, I decided to replace the components myself rather than worry about shipping damage etc., sending it to a tech.

Even after all of that, it still would not work. After sending a few pictures of the computer screen to Arclight after attempting to fire the torch, they noticed and issue with a license. Apparently with some of that new hardware I needed a new license. So in a very short time, Arclight sent me an email with a new license, and now all is well.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Lightning strike final. What it took.

Post by weldguy »

Other than the expense thats great news and a happy ending. Thanks for posting back with the solution, i was following your other topic.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Lightning strike final. What it took.

Post by acourtjester »

You may want to have the local power company come out and check your electrical panel for proper grounding. Electronics is sensitive to lightning but you seem to have been taken to the cleaners with that strike.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”