New 4x4 premier plasma

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
@metalman23
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

New 4x4 premier plasma

Post by @metalman23 »

Hello everyone, I run a welding shop, and just got a 4x4 table from Premier, I've got it working pretty good, luckily I learned cad earlier in the year, I'm still working out some kinks. I'm using a hypertherm 45xp

I'm sure I'll have some questions to ask, probably annoying noob questions but I'll ask anyway lol.

One of the issues I have is whenever I do several open paths, it seems like the pierce delay is inconsistent from cut to cut, sometimes it pierces, then moves, and it works ok, then it'll move to the next open path, and start moving with no pierce delay, and leave me with a sloppy slot. This machine comes programed to sense the height of the metal every other cut, but I have a feeling that whole system is not working right.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New 4x4 premier plasma

Post by weldguy »

Welcome @metalman23, plenty of help here when you need it.

With your issue do you find that the problem occurs when there is a further distance to travel to the next cut and not when consecutive cuts are close together?

If the next cut is far enough away that the post flow air stops, it may require a longer delay to account for the air to begin flowing and reach the torch and fire an arc before you start moving again. Some systems use an OK to move signal so prevent this problem but if your system works off timing, I would look into what settings you have to work with.

Not familiar with the Premier system however I know some systems have a pierce delay for when the air is already flowing and another delay for when there is no post flow air flowing.
@metalman23
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by @metalman23 »

weldguy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:48 pm Welcome @metalman23, plenty of help here when you need it.

With your issue do you find that the problem occurs when there is a further distance to travel to the next cut and not when consecutive cuts are close together?

If the next cut is far enough away that the post flow air stops, it may require a longer delay to account for the air to begin flowing and reach the torch and fire an arc before you start moving again. Some systems use an OK to move signal so prevent this problem but if your system works off timing, I would look into what settings you have to work with.

Not familiar with the Premier system however I know some systems have a pierce delay for when the air is already flowing and another delay for when there is no post flow air flowing.
That may be something worth looking into, the hypertherm post flow is crazy long, so I don't know if that would be the issue.

Maybe tomorrow I'll make a file with a bunch of open paths and see exactly what happens, and take a couple pics of the result,
@metalman23
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by @metalman23 »

Here's 2 pics, this file had 3 of these 1/2" long cuts, and 2 of them were cut without any delay, first one shows a good cut, and second shows where it started cutting without any pause at all.
Attachments
20231110_201434.jpg
20231110_201441.jpg

Return to “Introduce Yourself”