TD Cutmaster A60 / Cutmaster 60i Any differences between the two

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
N2 Welding
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

TD Cutmaster A60 / Cutmaster 60i Any differences between the two

Post by N2 Welding »

Looking up the cut speed charts for the A60 listed here at PS and hoping they will be the same for the Cutmaster 60i that I have with the add on CPC CNC port on the back.

Would there be any differences between the two machines for wiring up to the cpc port and with the cut settings as listed in the images below. Basically does the A60 have features and wiring that the 60i does not have the ability to upgrade to?

Looks like when cutting with 40amp tip the Pierce and cut heights are different with slower travel imp and lower air psi.

Then when cutting with the 60 amp tip the air psi goes up, the travel imp speed is faster and the Pierce height and cutting height are the same as each other. This seems odd. Does this sound right? Trying to figure out how or if this will effect the Kerf angularity.
2DD1251F-4A3C-4336-9942-0810CF8B4DDF.png
0F998C4F-9C39-4660-9AF2-F8ADC32F607A.png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: TD Cutmaster A60 / Cutmaster 60i Any differences between the two

Post by weldguy »

The power supplies are different but both use the same torch so cut specs are almost the same. The 60i typically runs a little faster and with a little more torch to work distance. The differences are very minimal and since cut charts are more or less a baseline to start with I feel you could use either chart with either machine and start your fine tuning from there if you see that the pieces your cutting need some fine tuning. Kerf angularity has more to do with torch height and consumable condition with cut speed being a smaller aspect of it.
N2 Welding
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by N2 Welding »

Thank you weldguy.

For some reason I was under the impression these machines were the same machine with the only difference being the A60 comes equipped with the CNC port pre installed.

I just looked up the cut charts for the 60i and they do show different data from the A60 cut charts data. Like the stand-off height and pierce heights are different through the amperage and tip selections. Still trying to familiarize my self with all the different things there are to know when configuring all the variable setting to get the best possible cutting results.

I’m starting to think it might be possible to get better/cleaner cuts using the lower amp rated consumable with slower travel speeds and less air psi. I have a lot to learn still. It definitely would consume less air from the compressor.

Cut charts from the 60i:
9A90BE2D-5224-4B47-B79D-626E9ED829F6.png
905F3549-1C59-470C-AF22-1B74188E6DC6.png
528C227A-BDC6-4873-AE13-BB688E54BDDC.png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy

Post by weldguy »

They are just different generations of the same model and both use the same torch.

You are correct, I would always go for the lower amp consumable with slower ipm when quality is more important than getting it done fast.

I would suggest going with the settings on the 60i charts to start and modify and document your changes as you work with it. Most setting should remain the same as the charts but you may need to tweak the arc volts and cut speed for best results.

Let us know what you find and if you feel there is room for improvement with the chart settings.
N2 Welding
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by N2 Welding »

Thank you :)

It'll be a while before I do get around to being able to make the test cuts but am gathering info and learning in the mean time.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”