Hello from Michigan

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Pandc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Michigan

Post by Pandc »

Hello fellow plasmaspiders. the wife and I Stumbled on a tremendous deal on a used plasma table and it was an offer we couldn’t refuse. Let me tell you about it. We were up north at the local farmers market and there was a stand selling metal art. We bought some really cool designs but wife couldn’t make up her mind on what to buy. The vendor gave us her card and said if she changed her mind (which she did) to call her and exchange it. After buying the art we both pondered what a machine would cost to buy our own getup. She calls the lady to exchange it and low and behold she has to move out of state and she’s selling it all. Langmuir xr- razorcut45- 6 sheets of steel. A ton of patterns ready to cut. All of the completed stuff she hasn’t sold yet and a workstation she bought. 15 months old. 5 grand. We both agree that’s a really good price and we’re going to buy it but we procrastinate on telling her we’ll take it. She then contacts us 2 days later and now the price is 4 k. So here we are. 4 months in after re organizing the garage. Running some wire. Air compressor. Air dryer and filter and downloading ready to cut files. Now the fun part. Learning to design my own stuff. I haven’t watched television in about 4 months. That used to be my acivivity.now I watch university of YouTube tutorials. So far, so loving it.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Michigan

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard and great you got a good deal to get started, and yes let the fun begin. Lots of fun developing your own projects and seeing them come into reality. If you handy you can also add an optional router to the table and expand your project medium. This may be interesting to your and your wife as you seem to like the art type things, Wall hangers, plaques, yard signs, and more.
You can have a good look around here with the search function in the upper right, many neat projects posted here by members.
the attached images are of a wall hanger I did in both metal and wood. Added fun of giving someone a gift they did not expect, them stating "You Made This For Me" Some college plaques I did for my brothers. You can also do inlays if you add the router. Look into learning Inkscape for project development.
DSCN1991.JPG
DSCN0283.JPG
DSCN2135.JPG
DSCN2134.JPG
other rose inlays (8).JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Pandc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Pandc »

Oh wow. I’ll have to look into the router option. Thank you for the insight! Your pieces look great!
Fergie
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Fergie »

Welcome! Let the fun begin! And what a deal!
Pandc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Pandc »

Thank you!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”