Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme for table

Discussion forum for Lincoln & Miller plasma cutters
jeremy_smitty
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme for table

Post by jeremy_smitty »

Does anyone here have experience running a miller spectrum 375 extreme, on their hobby cnc plasma table?

Is it compatible with the electronics (low frequency start)?

Does it have pilot arc?

Problems with the lower duty cycle forhobby use?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme for table

Post by weldguy »

I have used a 375 extreme on a cnc table in the past. Looks like it comes with a different torch nowadays however it is still a blow back start so it will be safe to use with your cnc controls. Because it is so small you will be running it at full output likley all the time so you will hit the duty cycle if your doing production stuff but it will cut parts for you no problem.
jeremy_smitty
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jeremy_smitty »

I will be cutting up to 3/8” plate. I only have a 2x2 foot table right now, but would like to upgrade to a 4x4 foot table in the future.

Do you feel It would be to snall to run on a 4x4 table, in the near future?
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

You can edge start only up to 3/8" thickness. For piercing the max thickness is 3/16" You can edge start with a "rough cut" on 5/8", this with the Spectrum 375 Extreme at its max output of 27 amps. This info is from the operators manual.

I would suggest sticking with cutting jobs of 3/16" and thinner with this plasma. If you need to get acceptable cuts on a maximum thickness of 3/8" you will need to edge start. For production cutting and adequate piercing (consumable life is affected by piercing, duty cycle is affected by cutting thicker than recommended) you really need at least a 45 amp air plasma. Jim Colt
jeremy_smitty
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jeremy_smitty »

Great information. Which model would you recommend for a hobbyist? I want to invest in the correct equipment, but need to keep it reasonable at the same time, budget wise. I hear the primeweld 60 is a popular option.

Return to “Lincoln & Miller Plasma Cutters”