CNC True Type Font

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
SierraBrad
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

CNC True Type Font

Post by SierraBrad »

Hey Everyone!

Looking for some help on finding a true type font that is already bridged. Something fancier for home signs beside the ordinary military style stencil. Using flashcut and I don't have a program to auto bridge letters, going crazy doing it manually!! Any help or direction greatly appreciated! Thanks
4x4 CNC Table running Flashcut
Thermal Dynamics A60i
Hypertherm 45
Millermatic 211
Millermatic 251
sbest1
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CNC True Type Font

Post by sbest1 »

There is a lot of sites with free fonts. Do a search for stencilled fonts.
harrymorley
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by harrymorley »

Laser Chicks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Arial Font

Post by Laser Chicks »

The dafont styles are great but I find they are not clean enough to use as they usually have so many small straight lines in them. I have a file folder full of different style fonts that I have cleaned up and bridged so when I need lettering I can chose from the styles I have on hand and then it is just a matter of copying and pasting the letters in the correct order. Our company does laser cutting so I usually have the lettering small and scale it up to the required size. Try this one and let me know how it works for you :Yay
ARIEL 1 Inch.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

LASER CHICKS

LASERMANN CUTS LTD
# 2, 6718 Golden West Avenue
Red Deer, Alberta
T4P 1A8
http://www.lasermanncuts.com
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Arial Font

Post by Larry83301 »

Laser Chicks wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:29 pm The dafont styles are great but I find they are not clean enough to use as they usually have so many small straight lines in them. I have a file folder full of different style fonts that I have cleaned up and bridged so when I need lettering I can chose from the styles I have on hand and then it is just a matter of copying and pasting the letters in the correct order. Our company does laser cutting so I usually have the lettering small and scale it up to the required size. Try this one and let me know how it works for you :Yay
Years back I had a program that allowed me to modify fonts. All you did was load the font in and choose the letter you needed to work on, then make your changes and save the letter back to the font file, always work on a backup of the original. I seem to remember that it worked best with True Type fonts, but it worked OK with all the ones I tried. It's been a number of years since I used it that I forgot the name, but it sounds like as many as you do that something like that would save you time and money so you may want to search for a program like that. Just my 2 cents.

Larry
monicaFHM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by monicaFHM »

DXF Dragon sells an actually CNC font collection that does has some decorative scroll fonts
Peter Built
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Peter Built »

Thank you for the share.
Peter
Dirtmotor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dirtmotor »

Thanks we will try out your font !
kicktillmonday
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kicktillmonday »

I learned of Dragon DXF here and have purchased 5 ready to cut fonts from them and have been very happy! Fonts in DXF are too time consuming to work with I find and these come in TTF so they with work with your text tools in CAD. Check them out at https://www.dragondxf.com/collections/f ... r-cnc/font
DIY 4x8 table
Powermax 65
harrymorley

Post by harrymorley »

Plasmacam advanced software has a bridging function..works on any font ..fyi
Nnorman1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Nnorman1 »

How do these fonts work? Are you able to load the bridged fonts into the text section in fusion 360?
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

The font in this topic is not a true type font but is a dxf design, no different than any other dxf design. You will have to use the letters you need and move them into position where you want them. Not as handy as using a programs built in true type fonts but this font is nice since its bridged and is ready to cut.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”