1990's cybermation plasma table.

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
corfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

1990's cybermation plasma table.

Post by corfab »

So I saw a cybermation plasma table at a auction that was close to me. So I thought I would just throw a $200 bid at it and probably wouldn't get it. It had no info on it at all except it was cybermation.

Well turbo out I won it. went to pick it up and it turned out to be 8'6" wide and 28' long and came with a hypotherm 1000 plasma machine. So I took it apart loaded it on the trailer and figured after I get home put it back together nothing is going to work. So that's what I did. got it in the shop put it back together and started testing everything. The 90s computer turns on and seems like it works. The controler and table both turn on. Y axisworks great the x axis trys to work but then on the controller says it's stuck. they hypotherm turns on and seems like it will work but havntbeen able to try and fire it yet.

So it looks like I'm missing the cable or cables that go from the computer to the controller box but other than that it seems like it wouldn't take much to get this machine cutting parts.

my question is. How much is this thing worth when running, cutting parts?
corfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: 1990's cybermation plasma table.

Post by corfab »

sorry forgot to add pics. here ya go

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tinspark »

Wow, That beast brings back memories I cannot answer your question about what it is worth, but that was my first table that I ever ran back in the mid 80's when I was a sheet metal workers apprentice in Central California. We burned hundreds of tons of metal on one of those things. It ran non stop for years!! 5' x 24'. load one 12' side while the other 12' side burns. Two home positions for production. Home 1 and home 2..
Blast from the past. They were high tech machines back in the day. Hope you get it going. !! plasma cutter with the machine torch is worth more than the $200 clams that you gave for all of it! Nice find.
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

What a score! I too have no idea what it would be worth but either way you will do very well on it. Hopefully you can get it fully functional with little to no issues. Let us know. Would love to see it run.
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Here is the link to their site, send them your info and see if they have a parts / wiring manual or offer an upgrade package:

https://www.cybtekinc.com/

Once you get it moving and verify the torch box works I would upgrade the torch to the newer Duramax style.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”