Need suggestions on new table

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
newguyimlost
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need suggestions on new table

Post by newguyimlost »

Hey Guys!!

I finally got a large job that justifies buying a plasma table. I have no idea what brand to go with, so much options out there.

The job details is making roughly 1/2" holes on 3/16 thick stainless steel sheet, 15 holes per sheet, 1,500 sheets, so 22,000 holes .

My main concern is that the holes aligned from sheet to sheet. These sheets will go on the floor so it they are of it will be very noticeable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated or any brand to avoid that would be helpful too.

Thank you
Deezl Smoke
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Need suggestions on new table

Post by Deezl Smoke »

Brand help is going to be all over the map I'm afraid. Every one will have differing experiences with each brand. So I can only tell you that my location (NW Oregon), and the free lifetime customer service, brought me to Arclight Dynamics. They are in Central Oregon (Bend), so I was able to pick the table up from the factory and received a factory tour as well as a basic tutorial of the components. So far, I am 100% happy with my decision. Arclight has treated me very well. My table of choice is the Arcmax 6x12 with the Hypertherm PM105.
I've seen a lot of other tables that look more advanced, but also charge for every tech question. I've also had neighboring fab shops purchase other brands and have catastrophic failures within the warranty window, only to find fine print allowing the manufacturer to avoid responsibility. So,.....Again, every one will have differing results. Do your own research in depth. What are the requirements for setup to avoid voiding the warranty? What is tech support going to cost? Do you have a really stable and clean power source?

If I were to take on the job you describe, I'd first find out the dimensional tolerances of the material. Since the sheets have to be exact duplicates, if the sheet to sheet material tolerances are +/- .25" or even more sometimes, you'll either need to cut the perimeter of each sheet to insure consistent positioning, or ask the client where zero is.

Good luck on your new table. I'll follow this thread to see what others have learned about brands and customer service etc.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need suggestions on new table

Post by weldguy »

I'm with Deezl, local is good, try to find manufacturer who is within driving distance, if they get good reviews go check them out and that's a good starting point in your decision process. Check out all of the table manufacturers who advertise in the banners here and see if one is close. Where are you located?

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”