Anycubic Kobra Max

Topics related to 3d printers and 3d printed plasma table accessories.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Anycubic Kobra Max

Post by OTHill »

20240212_161416.jpg
20240212_161431.jpg
20240212_161518.jpg
20240212_162110.jpg
Can't get it to stick to the bed anymore. First prints benches etc. I could hardly get off. Cleaned bed with brake cleaner once. Mistake ?? Wiped it a couple of times with 70% alcohol after. Brim not attached to part at all. These are feet for bed leg extensions. Would be so easy to just cut off short sections of UHMW put em in the lathe and drill them like I've always done but I wouldn't learn to print would I? I'm using anycubic slicer

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Just printed shark that came with printer and it came off easy to. used to have to bend the plate quite hard to remove. hope I didnt wreck my plate with brake cleaner.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I have never cleaned either of my build plates in the 3+ years I have had my printers. I use a scraper or razor blade to remove any excess material from the build plates. Adhesion on both of my build plates is great. These are both the flexible removable plates, and It does often take some flexing and prying with the scraper to remove the parts. I'm not sure if brake cleaner could damage the build plate coating or not. You could try increasing your build plate temp and extrusion temp (nozzle temp) for better adhesion. Some also use a glue stick - in fact my larger printer came with a glue stick, which I have never used.

From https://www.reddit.com/r/anycubic/comme ... on_issues/

"I used to get bad bed adhesion on my Kobra till someone on here told me about using a mixture of 1:6 PVA glue (white glue) to water. I mix it up in a little bottle and wipe a light coat of it on the pei plate before printing. It dries in a couple of minutes and I’ve never had an adhesion issue since then."
Last edited by adbuch on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

If you are worried that you may have damaged the coating, you could purchase a replacement. I have also seen build plate covers that you can cut to fit your actual size. These are supposed to promote bed adhesion, but I have never used them.

https://store.anycubic.com/products/mag ... 5748321442

build plate.jpg

OTHill

Post by OTHill »

The only reason I cleaned my plate was because I had printed a 9 in.square plate for a project and when I removed it I saw several places where it hadn't adhered so I looked at the plate closely and could see what looked like a few oily spots that coincided with the spots on the print. I'm going to try washing it with hot soapy water yet.
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Where can I do the bed heat setting?
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

On mine when I go for slicing there is an "Edit" button this opens up the post processor for changes to be made. Look for a tab with Temperature you should see both extruder and bed setting, I use about 55 C. you bed plate may be toast :Sad try a glue stick (that work for me)others have said "Blue painter tape" But then you will need to do bed leveling again. I only clean with soap and water. Maybe the brake cleaner left a residue.
temps 2.JPG
temps.JPG

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

acourtjester wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:35 pm On mine when I go for slicing there is an "Edit" button this opens up the post processor for changes to be made. Look for a tab with Temperature you should see both extruder and bed setting, I use about 55 C. you bed plate may be toast :Sad try a glue stick (that work for me)others have said "Blue painter tape" But then you will need to do bed leveling again. I only clean with soap and water. Maybe the brake cleaner left a residue.
temps 2.JPG
temps.JPG
Ok I'm going to give my plate a good washing with soapy water. My bed temp is already set at 60 deg.
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

OTHill wrote: ↑Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:21 pm Thanks Tom and David and all others. It will be a little while now before I receive my printer and get working with it. Here's a photo of the box I received.
20231229_094936.jpg
I just had to stand there and πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜€
They thoughtfully included the roll of filament I had ordered in a separate package.
Returned this to Amazon a month ago and never got a refund. Had my daughter inlaw call in about it today and after a bunch of hehawing they said they didn't know how to put it back in stock because it wasn't a 3d printer??? Guess I hadn't known what to do with it either for the same reason. They dis promise to send my refund tho in a few days :Yay :Yay
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Allan - I agree with Tom on this one. "Your bed plate may be toast." If it were me, I would go ahead and pay up for a replacement and after you get it, don't touch it with oily hands and only clean as necessary using the soap and water as Tom has suggested. I have printed literally hundreds of parts on each of my printers and never cleaned the bed plates with anything other than scraping with a razor blade. I do make sure my hands are clean and oil free before handling. I currently only print with PLA.

David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Allan - this is the tool I use to remove printed parts from my build plates. Mine came with my FlashForge printer, but you can purchase one at the link below. I highly recommend this particular tool. It is different than a "putty knife" and has a flexible blade with a sharp beveled edge. I often flex the plate to get the part separated at one end, then use the tool to work it loose from the plate. It's very effective, and does not damage the build plate (if used properly).

https://www.partsbuilt.com/3d-print-rem ... l-scraper/
20240213_025656_resized.jpg
20240213_025702_resized.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

OTHill wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:36 pm
OTHill wrote: ↑Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:21 pm Thanks Tom and David and all others. It will be a little while now before I receive my printer and get working with it. Here's a photo of the box I received.
20231229_094936.jpg
They thoughtfully included the roll of filament I had ordered in a separate package.
Returned this to Amazon a month ago and never got a refund. Had my daughter inlaw call in about it today and after a bunch of hehawing they said they didn't know how to put it back in stock because it wasn't a 3d printer??? Guess I hadn't known what to do with it either for the same reason. They dis promise to send my refund tho in a few days :Yay :Yay
Allan - I do remember seeing your photo and thought is was a cart or stand you had ordered for your printer. It sounds like you ordered a 3D printer and they shipped you the wrong item.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

David Me Too I think this tool came with the printer as I cannot remember buying it separately. As you can see the edge is tapered to help with the removal of parts from the bed.
DSCN0620.JPG

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

adbuch wrote: ↑Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:15 am
OTHill wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:36 pm
20231229_094936.jpg
Allan - I do remember seeing your photo and thought is was a cart or stand you had ordered for your printer. It sounds like you ordered a 3D printer and they shipped you the wrong item.
Well no it was a stainless steel kitchen sink hand crafted mind you. The refund showed up this morning on my Visa statement.

Return to β€œ3D Printers & Printed Accessories”