Yo!

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
StuFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Yo!

Post by StuFab »

Hey yall. I'm happy I found this forum. I operate a huge commercial plasma table for my 9 to 5. Hopefully I'll have a table in my own shop soon.
I'm going to try out some of these files on the big table but I'm not sure it'll do fine detail. We'll see!
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Yo!

Post by Joe Jones »

Hi. Which "big table" are you using? What software? What do you normally make with this big table?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
StuFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by StuFab »

The table is Hornet systems. It's a 10'x40' with a hypertherm plasma. I'm not sure what software is on the controller, its very simplified. Any complex shapes get drawn by the draftsmen and I load the template to the machine.
I do a lot of semi truck frame rails, pressure tanks, water towers, and a ton of wear liners for things like dump trucks and loaders. I cut every thickness from 16 gauge all the way to 2.5". The table has interchangeable heads from 35amp to 400amp, I think it'll go to 800amp but the most we do 400
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

One thing to watch is the nozzle size, for finer detail on thin metal most use a fine cut nozzle and lower amps. On a large industrial table they may not be using smaller nozzles. Many cheaper Plasma unit don't come with small nozzles, many are changing due to the small shops and detailed work being done. This can be show in the manuals cut charts showing metal thickness and lower amps, listing the kerf widths.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
StuFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by StuFab »

I didn't know that. I will see if we are able to order fine detail consumables. Thanks!
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

there are 2 separate parts the fine cut nozzle and the fine cut shield, and I think maybe a electrode that works better with fine cut.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”