Hello from TN

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Stick-man
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from TN

Post by Stick-man »

Hello! I registered here long ago and forgot. D'oh!

I owned a trucking/excavating/construction company for 18 years. I got into welding because I needed a simple project done, and it turned out more than necessary. I always had the interest, so I started for the ability to do my own work. It turned into an obsession! I am now an elevator mechanic by trade, but I do welding/fabrication/maintenance/repair, mostly on heavy trucks and equipment. I own a boat load of equipment, and now looking for a plasma table. Looking forward to participating.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from TN

Post by Joe Jones »

Hi, what part of Tennessee?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Stick-man
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Stick-man »

Mid South, Shelbyville
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Ah, you are about 100 miles due south of me. Do you have a particular brand of table in mind? I am partial to the PlasmaCam tables, of course, since I have two now, and I also teach people how to use the proprietary DesignEdge software.

Do you want a simple table, such as a 4x4, or are you looking for something much larger? Plasma tables are all pretty much the same. The difference is in the software, and that is where the PlasmaCam tables really shine.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Stick-man
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Stick-man »

Well howdy neighbor! I sometimes passed your place I imagine, periodically working in Bowling Green and Louisville.

As far as the table, I am lost! I like the Koike, but way far out of my price range. This is for side work, but I do prefer paying more for quality, buy once cry once, rather than going cheap. I have also been told Fast Cut and JD Squared are good but haven't priced them. I do want Hypertherm for the plasma. I am not computer savvy at all, so it MUST be extremely user friendly. However, I do have children and nephews that are more capable, so I guess I can rely on them to teach me as long as it doesn't require rocket science.LOL As far as size, most of what I imagine I will cut will fit on a 4x4. However, I was told I would be about 3/4 of the price of a full size, so I will just have to run the numbers. If it's reasonably more I will spend the extra for the convenience of a full size. My current shop will not have enough room. I will be building a larger shop, but that is at least 5 years away. So I will be using this in a dedicated conex box. And I will probably keep using in there even after I am in the new shop so as to not have to rig up special ventilation. I prefer a water table also as long as I can use some sort of antifreeze just in case.

I have and use an older Hypertherm, so I am familiar with the plasma portion. No idea on quality table, features, software, etc. The little I know I think I would like nesting, if that means it automatically gets the most out of your steel???

I sure hope I didn't make this difficult. But the time it would take me to search all of the info I need, will take longer than I want to wait to purchase.LOL So I really do appreciate any and all help. Thanks

Return to “Introduce Yourself”