Howdy Howdy lets get rowdy

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Blingnsfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Howdy Howdy lets get rowdy

Post by Blingnsfab »

Hi all. Love this new journey that the wife and I are heading down. We got a good size shop and went and got us a cnc table. We are going to do some design work and try to think out of the box. We were referred to board from some other cnc owners.
b fab first cut.jpg
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Howdy Howdy lets get rowdy

Post by Joe Jones »

Welcome to the mad, mad, mad, mad world of cnc plasma cutting! You've taken the final step. There is no turning back now.

Where are you located?

Tell me what you plan to make with your table. Boring brackets, gussets, saddles and braces? Dozer buckets and crane parts? Or artsy-crafty metal art that wows people!

What experience do you have using and drawing vector art files? Do you plan to rely on the art libraries you can purchase, and download from this site, to make your products, or are you like me, a "my way, or the highway" kind of guy who draws all of your own art?

It will be an adventure, for sure. Know that when you post a file, or a clear undistorted image of an art file, you basically release it to the public domain, because anything that CAN be copied WILL be copied, and without compensation to you. That is not always a bad thing, but be aware of the common practice of ignoring pesky things like Copyrights.

Tell me about your table, your plasma cutter, and everything else. I am curious what motivated you to get a cnc plasma table.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome, should be a fun journey for you and your wife. Have you had your STV table for long?
Blingnsfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Blingnsfab »

plasmanewbie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:05 am Welcome, should be a fun journey for you and your wife. Have you had your STV table for long?
had it for little over a month and love it.
Dirtmotor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dirtmotor »

Welcome ! This is a good place to be , less BS than most and an incredible wealth of knowledge . I am still a newbie here , and learn something new every time I log in .
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Blingnsfab wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:40 am
plasmanewbie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:05 am Welcome, should be a fun journey for you and your wife. Have you had your STV table for long?
had it for little over a month and love it.
That's great, they are a great looking machine and I am seeing more and more of them pop up. Post pics of your projects if you get a chance, always great to see what others are doing :Like
Blingnsfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Blingnsfab »

Joe Jones wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:43 pm Welcome to the mad, mad, mad, mad world of cnc plasma cutting! You've taken the final step. There is no turning back now.

Where are you located?

Tell me what you plan to make with your table. Boring brackets, gussets, saddles and braces? Dozer buckets and crane parts? Or artsy-crafty metal art that wows people!

What experience do you have using and drawing vector art files? Do you plan to rely on the art libraries you can purchase, and download from this site, to make your products, or are you like me, a "my way, or the highway" kind of guy who draws all of your own art?

It will be an adventure, for sure. Know that when you post a file, or a clear undistorted image of an art file, you basically release it to the public domain, because anything that CAN be copied WILL be copied, and without compensation to you. That is not always a bad thing, but be aware of the common practice of ignoring pesky things like Copyrights.

Tell me about your table, your plasma cutter, and everything else. I am curious what motivated you to get a cnc plasma table.

Joe
We are out of Nevada, We are going to be making brackets, signs maybe cross the metal with some wood projects. Brand new to the files and it is a huge out of the box learning experience for me. We have downloaded some and also made our own. Just picked up and easyscribe and getting excited to use it. We kind of like doing our own thing. Table is a 5x10 water table hyp 85 syn and loving every minute of it. I have fabbed cages, bumpers, sliders on rock crawlers since i was old enough to drive. Getting the table will help with that side of my hobby and it will help with others too.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”