Hypertherm sync 65a

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Bub21t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm sync 65a

Post by Bub21t »

Hi just got a hyper therm 65a sync for my plasma table and wondering how I can get it to cut thin metal and what not it will be cutting and cut 10 or so letters then gets to one will start cutting and then stop table will keep going the goes to the next letter cuts fine then it does it on the next one same letter "n" but I cut stuff out Thursday night worked great same file everything. I'm wondering if I should sell this and get a regular non sync machine or keep it as it works good for thicker 12ga and up and find a smaller one for my more detailed signs and stuff
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm sync 65a

Post by acourtjester »

Maybe there is a problem in the fire signal from the controller to the Hypertherm unit. Your description is like the fire signal just goes away and the G-code keeps running. Not sure if you could find a non-sync unit now.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Bub21t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bub21t »

I got it to work wass cutting all day but I had to turn off. The THC
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

You have a great machine for thinner or thicker material, don't get rid of it. THC systems when not functioning they should can cause a lot of problems with the most common being the torch rising until the arc is so long it goes out. I find a good way to get a THC dialed in is to cut simple straight 24" lines and tweak your settings until you have it holding a consistent height.
Bub21t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bub21t »

Thanks my other thing about my THC is that when it starts the it doesn't raise up before it starts cutting and drags little on the sheet i just think my THC isn't setup right and I'm not 100% sure how to set it up right it's a proma SD THC. Could guy go to a better THC system or is that not the way to go
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Have you programmed in the new SYNC cut data (Pierce & Cut height)?
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

All SYNC settings (Pierce height, Cut height, cut voltage and consumables are totally different that the older Powermax or the even older G3 series. First thing you will note is that the running cut height (Arc gap) is double the old .060 of the prior models. The touch off and initial pierce are an important part of the cycle. Done wrong its hard for some THCs to recover
That THC does not have a way to monitor the arc being lost (Arc OK) eve though the SYNC has that signal built in. It SHOULD stop motion when it loses arc . Each generation of plasma improves on the torch technology and its quality of cut. Sometimes the control electronics need to evolve to take advantage of the changes.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

I think you just need to do some reading and spend some time on your setup and I am sure you will be able to get it going. Many topics here on that same THC unit so I am sure you will be able to find some info here as well as in the manufacturers instructions. Good luck and let us know how this goes.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”