Everlast 82i volt vs amps with different tips and material thickness

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
wolfman18w
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Everlast 82i volt vs amps with different tips and material thickness

Post by wolfman18w »

I have been running my 82i on my plasma CNC table and I’ve been trying to run the .6 mm tips that is made for the iptm-80. I have the unit turned all the way down to 20 A running 60 psi air pressure. ( lowest I can go without the unit faulting with low air pressure) On my voltage display on my CNC control. It is reading at 104 V at 20A on 18g steel. When looking at the book it says that 20 A is 88 V. I am questioning if the unit is truly going down to 20 A because Im blowing thru The .6 mm tips.
For another reference I’m running a .9 mm tip cutting 3/16 steel. I am running at 105 V at 40 A. And with a .9 mm tip and 1/8 inch steel. I am running at 40 A at 101 V.
When I had my old hypertherm 800 connected running fine tip consumables I was running 78 volts at 30amps on 18g steel. With standard consumables and cutting 3/16 steel at 45 A I am running 128 V.

Both units I’m using the raw voltage connection right off the lead terminals inside the unit.

Thanks
Jay
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Everlast 82i volt vs amps with different tips and material thickness

Post by weldguy »

Set your air pressure to what the manufacturer recommends and I would leave it there. If your blowing through tips really quickly you may want to check your air supply as it may be dirty and or wet. If you have black or grey swirling deposits on the electrode and in the tip you will want to look into cleaning up your air supply which will improve your cuts and consumable life.
wolfman18w
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by wolfman18w »

I believe I’m getting good dry air, but I will definitely check over my filters and air dryers.

After talking with other people, the problem looks like the quality of the material that’s being used for the electrode and nozzle may not be up to par. I may have to go to a Tecmo ptm-60 torch to get good quality electrodes, and nozzles to be able to do the fine artwork on signs and small holes for parts. In the mean time I Will have to go back to my hypertherm 800 and hand torch set up with fine tip consumables to do my sign work detail
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Consumable quality could very well be the issue, I have no experience with the Everlast but have been interested in them.

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”