Limit switch’s in series with a slave a axis

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Aus22
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Limit switch’s in series with a slave a axis

Post by Aus22 »

Hi all,

I have a home built table running a Geckodrive g540 with proximity switches on the Y X and A (slave) axis and a micro switch on the Z as limit/ homing switches. I currently have these in the 4 different inputs ports, the gecko only have 4 ports.

I have purchased a Proma 150 THC to run on this and this requires 3 input ports (arc on, up, down).

The wiring diagrams I have seen call for the limit switches to be run in series… so how does that work when homing the an axis? Will the machine get confused if it is homed on A or Y motor?
IMG_2582.jpeg
IMG_2581.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Limit switch’s in series with a slave a axis

Post by cuttinparts »

I could see running the switches in series if they were strictly limit switches at the furthest + end of each axis to prevent any of the axis from running off the rails. As for homing to zero on all your axis the switches should be wired as shown in your first diagram.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Limit switch’s in series with a slave a axis

Post by acourtjester »

Not sure about Gecko software but I ran a similar setup with Mach 3 and UCCNC controller as the last diagram. Now I an not sure if you can use proximity switches in series. I converted my last table to proximity switches but they were not in series, but separate for each axis. That is a real problem with BOB/controller board that have limited inputs.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”