post process

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
19bensmith92
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

post process

Post by 19bensmith92 »

hi, I am new to this I have currently just bought a escco plasma table with a hypertherm 105,
before I bought the table to my shop, the bloke I bought it from gave me a quick run though,
now I go the table and everything set up in my shop I cant seem to post process. i can add a new part and then i add the operations and then it wont post process nothing happens

any help would be great
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: post process

Post by weldguy »

What software are you working with?
19bensmith92
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by 19bensmith92 »

creating the DXF files using solidworks then placing them into SheetCAM TNG to create the .TAP file but i cant post process
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

After you have created the operation (cut operations) then you go to the file drop down menu, the first line is post processor. If you have selected a post processor under the operation drop down menu it should generate a G-code and give you a place to select where to store if (folder location).
Start with one item to cut like a square of circle to learn the procedure, then move on to more items in the plan.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
19bensmith92
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by 19bensmith92 »

i get to the part where i go to the file drop down menu and post process but i keep clicking it and it does nothing. doesn't give me to file location page.

if i do the post process before adding a cut operation it will let me post process and save it but i haven't got a cut path
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

19bensmith92 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:10 am i get to the part where i go to the file drop down menu and post process but i keep clicking it and it does nothing. doesn't give me to file location page.

if i do the post process before adding a cut operation it will let me post process and save it but i haven't got a cut path
Perhaps post the particular dxf file you are working with so one of us can run it thru Sheetcam and provide you with the g-code file.

David
19bensmith92
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by 19bensmith92 »

thanks for the help i guys i found if i save the job after doing the cut ops and reopening the job i can post process then and all working well

Cheers
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

19bensmith92 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:23 am thanks for the help i guys i found if i save the job after doing the cut ops and reopening the job i can post process then and all working well

Cheers
That's great, thanks for posting your solution :Like
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Here are some other things that may help. The cut oath display can be turned on/off and you can run a simulation of the cutting operations.
cut path.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “SheetCam”