Saving Contour / Layer Names as a default

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Saving Contour / Layer Names as a default

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Question for the P Spider Borg,

When editing contours / layers, is there anyway to save a list of names that show up as a default? I get tired of typing in "Inside - Outside - Line" every time I open the program.

Thanks for your time,

Steve
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Saving Contour / Layer Names as a default

Post by acourtjester »

Not quite what you are asking for but I create a list of parts and go through the list doing all the outside or inside actions, at a time. And then the tool and action stays the same, so quick click on plasma and ok in the action, move to the next part. After the list is finished for inside, I move to the list again with outside actions, again just click on plasma then OK for the action. If the cut inside first the software will cut the parts on the list inside then outside operations. When doing center punch marks I go through the list using that tool and create a G-code for that first, I set the plasma for a low amps and use the nozzle I want then. Then create another G-code for the through cuts after nozzle and amp changes.
parts cut.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

You can copy operations from one part to another. If you have parts with an inside, outside, and marking operation. Just set one up and copy them to the other parts. It's on the right click menu for the operations box.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Thanks for the input guys, another method I found was to use colors as layer names. Just use a different color for each operation during the drawing phase, then select the use colors as layers name while importing - Presto!

Now if we can get Les's input on the original request.
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Bump.
ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

Steve, what program are you drawing in?
I use layers in inkscape/qcad/SolidEdge, so its easy to select which layers are used in specific operations in sheetcam.
I know thats not what youre asking, i too tried to change the templates/formats in sheetcam but couldnt find the correct location so i just use the above method.
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

ROKCRLER wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:31 pm Steve, what program are you drawing in?
I use layers in inkscape/qcad/SolidEdge, so its easy to select which layers are used in specific operations in sheetcam.
I know thats not what youre asking, i too tried to change the templates/formats in sheetcam but couldnt find the correct location so i just use the above method.
CorelDraw 16 here, I just started using the different colors for each operation and It is a tremendous click saver.. I think C D 16 does layers as well, thanks for the tip. I was hoping Less would chime in on the subject.

Return to “SheetCam”