5x10 Plasma Table

Buy and sell used plasma cutting and related equipment here.
jones8907
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

5x10 Plasma Table

Post by jones8907 »

Looking to sell my 5x10 plasma table that I built about a year ago.

It has a Precision Plasma LLC gantry with a myplasm controller. I did a full write up of it in plasmaspider (here haha) and documented it on my youtube channel. I honestly dont know what to ask for it but It is built like a tank.

Im located in Chapin, South Carolina. I have a freight company that will work up a quote for you as well if it needs to be shipped.

I also have a Powermax125 with a hand torch I can bundle it with but I know a LOT of people do not have 480v.

I have built and sold 2 of these tables and love them but I am looking to move to a fiber laser.

I would like to get 12k for the table honestly considering all of the light weight systems built out there. Also if someone wants the PM125 I would like 17K.

Open for conversation. Cell is 3046540774

I dont need or have to sell it honestly so I am not in any crazy hurry.

viewtopic.php?t=35026
Also this is build #3 on my youtube channel.
jones8907
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: 5x10 Plasma Table

Post by jones8907 »

I will drop the price of the table to 11k and the total package will be 16k.
jones8907
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jones8907 »

I will drop the price of the table to 10k and the total package will be 15k.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

I believe your asking price is more than fair! I think this is a difficult time to sell any "big ticket" items, because people are so uncertain about the future of this country. If a shop needs a well designed, well built plasma table, yours certainly fills the bill. I wish you the best of luck in selling this machine. Perhaps PlasmaSpider is not your best venue to advertise, because nearly everyone here already has a plasma table. You might go to Pirate4x4, or one of the other offroad enthusiasts forums and advertise there.

Of course, (and I HATE to say this) Facebook Marketplace seems to be America's "yard sale" headquarters now. There is Craigslist. You can also put it up on GovDeals.com, an online auction site. There are MANY other online auction sites as well.

There is OfferUp.com, and Mercari, and so many other places where you will be advertising to people who are far LESS likely to already own a cnc plasma table.

Good luck!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
16 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
jones8907
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jones8907 »

Joe! Thank you for the advice my man I appreciate it. Yeah I put it on market place but have had little movement in my area sadly.

I am just trying to move towards a 6kw fiber laser and get moved on to the next thing. Kinda sucks this has sat for so long but you hit the nail on the head people are freaking out about the country and I get it. I even put up my 50w fiber etching machine and its just chillin. I dont have to sell anything is the good spot I am in thankfully. Just wanna move up etc etc.

Joe Jones wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:07 am I believe your asking price is more than fair! I think this is a difficult time to sell any "big ticket" items, because people are so uncertain about the future of this country. If a shop needs a well designed, well built plasma table, yours certainly fills the bill. I wish you the best of luck in selling this machine. Perhaps PlasmaSpider is not your best venue to advertise, because nearly everyone here already has a plasma table. You might go to Pirate4x4, or one of the other offroad enthusiasts forums and advertise there.

Of course, (and I HATE to say this) Facebook Marketplace seems to be America's "yard sale" headquarters now. There is Craigslist. You can also put it up on GovDeals.com, an online auction site. There are MANY other online auction sites as well.

There is OfferUp.com, and Mercari, and so many other places where you will be advertising to people who are far LESS likely to already own a cnc plasma table.

Good luck!

Joe
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

jones8907 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:27 am
I am just trying to move towards a 6kw fiber laser and get moved on to the next thing.
You are singing my song! :mrgreen: I honestly do not know which one is going to win out ... a REAL fiber laser, or a flying car!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
16 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

As you move that way just beware that a fibre laser of the size needs LOTS of infrastructure you may no have:
1.. Compressed air at high PSI and high volume Most shop compressors won't supply it.
2. Power . Usually 3 phase and LOTS of it. One shop head to have new service brought in to handle compressor and laser .
3. Technology. The auto height laser head and electronics are big an heavy and the motion needs to be SMOOTH. That calls for a good rail system , Helical rack and pinion , and big servo motors .
4 Controls/software. Most affordable tables are Chinese and you get chinese controls and there choice of software . Worst par tis Chinese support. Controller interface is different than most plasma system and getting other CAM programs to work is not easy.

Outside of that: GO for It1
jones8907
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jones8907 »

Go with both!!!!

I honestly want a 12kw over the 6 any day but I just dont want to deal with debt that much.

Joe Jones wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:03 pm
jones8907 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:27 am
I am just trying to move towards a 6kw fiber laser and get moved on to the next thing.
You are singing my song! :mrgreen: I honestly do not know which one is going to win out ... a REAL fiber laser, or a flying car!

Joe
jones8907
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jones8907 »

I have 480/277 and 200amps of it currently. I have the infastructure to handle 400 amps of it just with a phone call to the electric company for them to change it and the county has already approved it thankfully. The 50x50x14 red iron steel structure can support it as well. I speced out a 480 to 380 transformer as well.

I speced the machine with a 22kw air compressor as well. It has to have it Im not paying for all the other gasses unless I have to.

From what im understanding most all machines are 1g or maybe 1.5g machines. I have seen 6G machines and 4G and those are amazing beasts that I cant utilize at all. If you tell a supplier you want cypcut it forces the motors/head/source to be of a decent standard from what I am understanding...not always but it does make a lot of closed loop coms and decent stuff. Yes others do have decent controllers beyone cypcut but i feel like its just been tried and true. The head i am looking at is a Boci with a max source.

I went as far as contacting people that bought machines off chinese mfgs and spoke to them as well....then sliced out A LOT of dirt bags basically.

I just want to move this current table hahahaha. Tell a friend everyone!!!

tcaudle wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:25 pm As you move that way just beware that a fibre laser of the size needs LOTS of infrastructure you may no have:
1.. Compressed air at high PSI and high volume Most shop compressors won't supply it.
2. Power . Usually 3 phase and LOTS of it. One shop head to have new service brought in to handle compressor and laser .
3. Technology. The auto height laser head and electronics are big an heavy and the motion needs to be SMOOTH. That calls for a good rail system , Helical rack and pinion , and big servo motors .
4 Controls/software. Most affordable tables are Chinese and you get chinese controls and there choice of software . Worst par tis Chinese support. Controller interface is different than most plasma system and getting other CAM programs to work is not easy.

Outside of that: GO for It1

Return to “Classified Ads”